• Show
Clear All

• System Change[150G SPS tank]

[HISTORY]
    - 2019.08.08 : start
    - 2019.09.02 : CR-612 Start
    - 2019.10.12 : Radion G4 pro 30W 2EA → 3EA
    - 2019.11.30 : Change lighting schedule
    - 2019.12.14 : Add Sub lighting T5 2EA(ATI Blue Plus, Actinic)

[TANK]
    - Tank Size : 1200x700x600(H)
    - Sump Size : 1000x600x500(H)
    - Gross weight : 800L
    - Net weight : 560L
    - Lighting : Radion G4 pro(3EA), ATI Blue Plus, Actinic
    - Skimmer : Octo-200S
    - Return Pump : Vectra L1
    - Flow : Vortech MP40(3EA)
    - Calcium reactor : GEO CR-612
    - Filter : Klir Di-7
    - Chiiler : korea Daeil-250
    - biopellet Reactor : Aquamaxx
    - Salt : AF reef salt
    - Maintenance : Apex

[WATER PARAMETER]
    Salinity : 34.5psu @25.8℃ (GMH-3431, Apex Cross check)
    Alk : 119ppm (Hanna)
    Mg :1560ppm (Salifert)
    Ca : 430ppm (Salifert)
    K : 400ppm (Salifert)
    Iodine : 0.03ppm (Salifert)
    No3 : 2ppm (Salifert)
    Po4 : 0.02ppm (Hanna)

[Dosing schedule]
    Mon, Wed, Fri, Sun : oyster egg 5ml, CV, aahc 5 drop
    Tue, Thu , Sat : AF Amino mix, Energy, Vitality 5 drop
    Daily: acroglow 6 drop, redsea coral color D 3ml(Apex), px 3ml
    Sometimes : icc, K-balance, zeobak, bm

i just used Bio-pellet reactor to reduce nutrient level.(No3, Po4)
    i Wanna change my SPS Tank system and i wanna operate full-zeovit system at my tank.

so,

1. how to use zeo reactor in my SPS tank?
    2. please check my Dosing schedule.

below is my tank video and SNS.
    and please refer to attachments.

https://youtu.be/GibW37HBFCI

https://www.instagram.com/ggongchi85/

Attached Files

Welcome to ZeoVit.com !

To convert your system I would recommend to start as follows:

1. Place 1.4 liter zeovit in a Zeo Reactor. Water flow around 560 liters per hour. Connect the reactor pump to a clock timer and run the reactor pump with a 3 hour on / 3 hour off / 3 hour on interval. Please make sure the zeolite is not exposed to air while the pump is switched off. Clean the material daily. Leave the zeolite 4 weeks in the filter until you do the first change out. This is the first changing interval, others could be lengthen to 6 – 8 weeks.

2. Place 0.55 liters activated carbon in a filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow in your sump, changed every 30 days. Knead the carbon daily to keep the surface clean. Most users get perfect results with korallenzucht carbon.

3. Dose 6 drops ZeoBac daily for the first 2 weeks, flowed by a 2 – 3 x weekly dosage of 6 drops each. Dose 0.55 ml ZeoStart 2 x daily (morning & evening). Dose those in front of the Zeo reactor pump while it is switched on.

Later on you could use the additional products for coral coloration. Adjust your skimmer to skim wet, keeping it clean to export as much as possible. Do a weekly water change of 5 – 10 % with a good salt.

When you start to use ZeoVit remove 1/3 of the BioPellets from your reactor, than reduce the rest slowly step by step over the next 6 – 8 weeks to zero. This will prevent you from a increase of nutrients.

Stop dosing the other products you use at the moment also completely including the corals food, just dose K-Balance if necessary to keep the level around 380 mg.

Basic water parameters looking good, try to keep them as stabile as possible close the NSW in the following ranges:

KH 6.5 – 7.5
    Ca 400 – 420 mg
    Mg 1250 – 1300 mg
    K+ ~ 380 mg

This is a start-up dosage which might have to be adjusted later.

G.Alexander

Comment

Dear G.Alexander

thank you for your reply.
      i have some question about your guide.

1. i wanna run zeo reactor during 24hr because i will use not extra pump for zeo reactor. i will connect branch off from chiller PCV pipe and connect apex flow meter at zeo reactor line. so, please guide qty of zeolite and water flow in this situation.

Comment

The 3 hour interval for the reactor is used for the transfer to speed down changes a little bit. If this is not a option I would recommend to reduce the flow to 50% for the first 6 weeks or so. If all corals are doing well after this time period you can increase the flow step by step to the recommended flow.

G.Alexander

Comment

[HISTORY]
          - 2019.08.08 : start
          - 2019.09.02 : CR-612 Start
          - 2019.10.12 : Radion G4 pro 30W 2EA → 3EA
          - 2019.11.30 : Change lighting schedule
          - 2019.12.14 : Add Sub lighting T5 2EA(ATI Blue Plus, Actinic)
          - 2020.04.14 : Remove Bio-pellet reactor
          - 2020.05.25 : Setup zeo-reactor

[TANK]
          - Tank Size : 1200x700x600(H)
          - Sump Size : 1000x600x500(H)
          - Gross weight : 800L
          - Net weight : 560L
          - Lighting : Radion G4 pro(3EA), ATI Blue Plus, Actinic
          - Skimmer : Octo-200S
          - Return Pump : Vectra L1
          - Flow : Vortech MP40(3EA)
          - Calcium reactor : GEO CR-612
          - Filter : Klir Di-7
          - Chiiler : korea Daeil-250
          - Salt : AF reef salt
          - Maintenance : Apex

[WATER PARAMETER]
          Salinity : 34.1psu @25.5℃ (GMH-3431, Apex Cross check)
          Alk : 124ppm (Hanna)
          Mg :1410ppm (Salifert)
          Ca : 430ppm (Salifert)
          K : 400ppm (Salifert)
          Iodine : 0.03ppm (Salifert)
          No3 : 1pppm (Salifert)
          Po4 : 0.06ppm (Hanna)

[ZEOvit schedule]
          Activated Carbon: 1L replaced every 4 weeks
          Zeobak: 6 drops 2x week
          Xtra: 2.5ml/day
          AcroGlow: 6 drops/day

Zeolites: TBD - 0.8L(300L/H flow - apex)
          Zeostart3: TBD
          Sponge Power : TBD

i setup zeo-reactor(manual reactor) yesterday finally. 🤣
          i will insert some zeolite to complete zeovit system.

my plan is below

1. Start - 6.1
          - Zeostart3 : 0.55ml 2x day(8am, 8am)
          - Sponge Power : 6 Drops 2x week

2. 6.15
          - Zeolites: 0.8L(300L/H flow - apex)
          - 24Hr

please advise about my plan.
          i wanna success zeo system(in safety).

Click image for larger version  Name:	1590196347579.jpg Views:	0 Size:	6.26 MB ID:	595833Click image for larger version  Name:	20200525_150459.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.29 MB ID:	595834Click image for larger version  Name:	20200525_150532.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.83 MB ID:	595835Click image for larger version  Name:	20200525_150513.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.72 MB ID:	595836Click image for larger version  Name:	20200525_150544.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.45 MB ID:	595837Click image for larger version  Name:	20200524_231228.jpg Views:	0 Size:	4.12 MB ID:	595838
          Last edited by Yeohoon.yun; 05-25-2020, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Bioparticle reactor (has been removed)

1. Put 1.4 liters of Zeovit into Zeo Reactor. The water flow per hour is about 560 litres. The reactor pump was connected to a clock timer, and the reaction pump was operated at intervals of 3 hours on / 3 hours off / 3 hours on. When turning off the pump, make sure that the zeolite is not exposed to air. Clean materials daily. Leave the zeolite in the filter for 4 weeks until you make the first replacement. This is the first change interval, other intervals can be extended to 6-8 weeks.

2. Place 0.55 liters of activated carbon in the filter sock and keep it in a passive water flow (replace every 30 days). Knead the carbon every day to keep the surface clean. Most users use korallenzucht toner to get perfect results.

3. During the first 2 weeks, take 6 drops of ZeoBac daily, 2 to 3 times a week, 6 drops each time. Take 0.55 ml ZeoStart 2 x every day (morning and evening). Add medicine to Zeo reactor pumps when they are turned on.

4.Due to Zeo Sponge Power, the recommended dose: 6 drops every other day.

At this stage, all nutritional products, let us temporarily stop

Keep NSW parameter levels (including potassium) as much as possible
            Kh 6.5~7.5
            Ca 420~440
            Mg 1250~1300
            K+~380

Comment

Hello Jacky?

i can't turn off my pump for zeo-reactor(3 on / 3off).
              i use chiller, reactor and zeo-reactor at the same sub-pump.(divide...divide...divide....🤣 )
              so, i will operate the flow to 50%(24Hr) for the first 6 weeks(Alexander recommended)

↓ around 270 Liter per hours. is it OK?

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200526_221650.png Views:	0 Size:	150.0 KB ID:	595854

One more~~
              i have a lttile cyano.
              please advise method to resolve cyano by zeovit.
              i think~ recipe is 5.5ml PCS+ 6 drop BAC+ 6 drop cyano clean / day....right?
              Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC05741.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.91 MB ID:	595858

Comment

Yes, you did very well. The first material is kept for the first 4 weeks, until you do the first replacement, keep the old 50%, and replace the new 50% zeolite material (if I am right, I often get confused) After the replacement, Zeo Bac x 10 days, 2 weeks later, if the corals are all healthy, gradually increase the reactor flow rate gradually until the water flow rate is about 650 liters.

Cyano treatment: CoralSnow 12ml + Zeo Bac 6 drops mixture, x7 days

Cyano Clean-Proceed as planned

BioMate-12 drops every other day, (optional, better)

Vacuum the sand, clean the collection cup to allow more mud to drain, and adjust the wetness of the skimmer

Comment

I am curing cyano with jacky's guide every day.

Cyano treatment Start Day : 5/27

- Base mixture : CoralSnow 12ml + Cyano Clean 12 Drops + Zeo Bac 6 drops / day
                  - Every other day : Base + Bio Mate 12 Drops

cyano seems to be decreasing gradually.
                  But suddenly No3 dropped from 10ppm to 1ppm, is it related to what you are doing now?

and i didn't start zeo-reactor because potassium is sooo high(over 470ppm - salt issue)
                  so i am waiting potassium level normally(around 410ppm)
                  I am dosing ZEOvit as below until the potassium is solved, please check if it's okay.
                  (i ordered start3, but it is still on delivering.)

[ZEOvit schedule]
                  Xtra: 2.5ml/day
                  Cyano treatment mixture : day
                  Bio Mate : 12 Drops/Every other day(with Cyano treatment mixture)

Comment

Very happy, it sounds like things are getting better. When everything is ready, execute # 2. System conversion, this requires some patience, and indeed to achieve the regulations inside, this is the safest shortcut

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                      Very happy, it sounds like things are getting better. When everything is ready, execute # 2. System conversion, this requires some patience, and indeed to achieve the regulations inside, this is the safest shortcut
                      what do you think below?

→ suddenly No3 dropped from 10ppm to 1ppm during Cyano treatment schedule. Po4 is still 0.05~0.06ppm.

Comment

Due to (purification) and the use of Zeo basic products, the cleanliness of the water quality has improved, which indeed has helped reduce nutrients. Biological strengthening/upgrading, the relative NO3 naturally decreases

Comment

i added ZEOlites yesterday finally
                          today, i have two questions.

first, current my schedule is below.

[ZEOvit schedule]
                          Zeolites
                          : 0.4l(300L/H flow - apex)
                          Zeostart3: 0.4ml(2 x day, 7am, 7pm)
                          Zeobak: 3 drops 3x week
                          Bio Mate: 3 drops 2x week
                          Sponge Power : 3 drops 3x week
                          Pohl's Xtra: 2.5ml/day
                          Pohl's Coral Vitializer: 6 drops/day
                          B-Balance: 2.5ml/day

Q1. please check my schedule again. Net weight of tank is 560L.

and my nutrient levels are approaching ULNS.
                          No3: 0.1~0.2ppm
                          Po4: 0.01ppm

so, i think two options about my px schedule.
                          Plan A: dose px double(2.5ml → 5ml/day)
                          Plan B: Buy pxs and dose 2.5ml/day

Q2. Can I increase px dosing amount like as plan A?
                          ​​​​​​​
                          actually, i wanna use px still because it still has a lot(bought 1000ml) 🤣

Comment

Your ZeoVit schedule, there is no big problem. As far as personal taste is concerned, I will wait for these items to be more appropriate. 1. Be patient until the reactor is switched to continuous flow 2. Solve the problem, the sediment and algae on the sand 3. The appearance of the coral becomes lighter

Of course, if the nutritional level is low and there are no problems with algae, Zeo products can be administered at any time, this is no problem, it depends on your decision

We can also do it step by step, slowly, step by step, even if the NP reaches a low point, but this is just the beginning, biology, environment, bacterial growth, etc. are very important links. Once all the balance is good, you will see the different appearance of the coral, maybe you can experience it. (Normally, it usually starts after the reactor is switched to continuous flow)

At the current stage, 6 drops of Zeo CV, twice a week, this is optional

Zeo Xtra Special, which is used for stable extremely low nutritional levels/light coral appearance tissue

All Zeo nutrition/coloring products are used to stabilize low-malnutrition water quality with the best results

Comment

Originally posted by jacky View Post
                              Your ZeoVit schedule, there is no big problem. As far as personal taste is concerned, I will wait for these items to be more appropriate. 1. Be patient until the reactor is switched to continuous flow 2. Solve the problem, the sediment and algae on the sand 3. The appearance of the coral becomes lighter

Of course, if the nutritional level is low and there are no problems with algae, Zeo products can be administered at any time, this is no problem, it depends on your decision

We can also do it step by step, slowly, step by step, even if the NP reaches a low point, but this is just the beginning, biology, environment, bacterial growth, etc. are very important links. Once all the balance is good, you will see the different appearance of the coral, maybe you can experience it. (Normally, it usually starts after the reactor is switched to continuous flow)

At the current stage, 6 drops of Zeo CV, twice a week, this is optional

Zeo Xtra Special, which is used for stable extremely low nutritional levels/light coral appearance tissue

All Zeo nutrition/coloring products are used to stabilize low-malnutrition water quality with the best results
                              my reactor(zeo) set continuous flow.
                              - 300H/L by flow meter in apex.

so i will change my schedule below.

[ZEOvit schedule]
                              Zeolites
                              : 0.4l(24Hr, 300L/H flow - apex)
                              Activated Carbon: 0.5L replaced every 4 weeks
                              Zeostart3: 0.4ml(2 x day, 7am, 7pm)
                              Zeobak: 3 drops 3x week
                              Bio Mate: 3 drops 2x week
                              Sponge Power : 3 drops 3x week

Pohl's Xtra: 2.5ml/day → 5ml/day
                              Pohl's Coral Vitializer: 6 drops/day → 6 drops 2x week

B-Balance:
                              2.5ml/day

is it OK?
                              and when&How i change my first zeolites?

Comment

Working...
                              X