X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jacky View Post
    Yes

Comment

I'm honored to help with your problem. I use Zeo's zeolite reactor, and I feel pretty good. I have no experience with the reactor in the connection. Compared to it, maybe 1. actual hourly flow rate 2. fully rolling zeolite. The first and second are too important. Reduce nutrition, coral food, reduce organic matter, biology and hydrochemistry, etc. 3. Noise problem

Comment

Been a while since I posted my water parameters so here's my latest set of results;

KH 6 7.2
        Ca 420 mg
        Mg 1300 mg
        K+ 380 mg
        Nitrate 10
        P04 0.02

I have pretty much been following the dosage advised since starting a couple of months ago now, I have also spent quite a bit of time cleaning the sand bed, which TBH had a fair amount of crap sitting in it, my problem with Cyano has all but disappeared apart from a small patch which has reduced over the past week.

Corals are all looking a lot healthier including my SPS, which had taken a bit of a beaten over the past few weeks, thankfully, all looking good at this stage.

I am now keen to introduce some Acroporas and was looking for advice on what species I would be better starting with, also, could you recommend a reliable source for purchasing said corals as I would be keen to purchase from somewhere that is utilising the Zeo system ?

I have also been looking at these Roller Filters, Clarisea and the X 1.0, however, not entirely convinced that they will improve things that much over my existing set up which is basically filter socks that are renewed daily.

As always, would welcome your input and thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Water parameters are perfect, NO3 will come down over the time but at the moment it will not have any kind of negative impact. If those are the first SPS corals which you plan to add I would start with some small fragments to see how they are doing. Montipora corals are relative robust also some kind of Acropora.

G.Alexander

Comment

Latest set of results taken earlier today;

KH 7.2
            Ca 420 mg
            Mg 1300 mg
            K+ 380 mg
            Nitrate 10
            P04 0.02
            PH 8.2

Since my last up-date I have added the following coral frags

Microcladas Acropora AKA Strawberry Shortcake
            Pink/Green Stylophora
            Turbinaria Scroll Coral
            Red Planet Acropora
            Pearl Berry Acropora
            Bali Slimer

Above corals have been recently introduced in the last 4 days and so far are doing well, Red Planet has great polyp extension, Sylophora looks settled albeit slightly lighter in colour, Bali Slimer looks almost fluorescent and is starting to show polyp extension, all but the Stylophora are sitting on the sand bed as still acclimating.

All LPS, Gonis, Torch, War Coral are looking amazing as are my Zoa's, which TBH I was surprised as I have read that these don't always do well with the Zeo system ?

I have been running a Clarisea SK3000 roller filter for the past 2 weeks and the water is Gin clear, which the system appears to appreciate.

Now that things appear to have stabilised, should I be looking to introduce any other Zeo products, if so, which ones and how often.

As always, any additional support and comments welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Brian.

Comment

It looks very good, it is expected that PO4 should decrease to 0 with time, and the basic water parameters are perfect.

Here are some of my ideas

A: Zeo CV

B:Xtra

C:B-Balance

D:Zeo PIF

Basically all products can be used twice a week

every 25 US gallons / 1ml, twice a week

Zeo CV, 2 drops per 25 US gallons, 2 times a week, or 3 times a week.

Plan A:

Coral polyps grow, the tissue becomes slightly lighter, PO4 = 0.02

Product A alone, 2 to 3 times a week, and observe what changes Zeo CV brings (coral appearance, polyp growth, good PE), etc.

Plan B:

Similarly, product B. (What changed the appearance of the coral, metallic color, slightly pastel color, healthy growth of coral, etc.)(Of course, A + B is used, no problem)

Plan C:Similarly, once to twice a week,(Observe what the coral appearance has changed, soft appearance, red, pink, polyp growth, good PE, etc.)

Plan D:Every 25 US gallons / 1 drop, twice a week。(Observe what the coral has changed, increase the appearance of blue coral, green coral, polyp growth, rich and darken the color. Etc.)

ABCD products can basically start 2 times a week, then 3 times a week, depending on the appearance of the coral (your personal taste)

ABCD products can be added separately to observe the different changes each product brings to coral

ABCD products can also be A + B + C + D / 2 times a week

You can also add A + B + D after a period of time, and then add product C (the coral appearance is soft)

All nutrition / coloring products are better added with low malnutrition

Change the water 5 to 10% every week to keep the NSW parameters as stable as possible (including potassium)

Do n’t forget the next zeolite exchange time, usually after 6 weeks, over time, the malnutrition is stable and can be replaced in 8 weeks

Zeo carbon, replaced every 30 days

Comment

In addition, the # 2 in the link, I think it is quite good, to share with you.

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

Comment

It looks very good, it is expected that PO4 should decrease to 0 with time, and the basic water parameters are perfect.

Here are some of my ideas

A: Zeo CV

B:Xtra

C:B-Balance

D:Zeo PIF

Basically all products can be used twice a week

every 25 US gallons / 1ml, twice a week

Zeo CV, 2 drops per 25 US gallons, 2 times a week, or 3 times a week.

Plan A:

Coral polyps grow, the tissue becomes slightly lighter, PO4 = 0.02

Product A alone, 2 to 3 times a week, and observe what changes Zeo CV brings (coral appearance, polyp growth, good PE), etc.

Plan B:

Similarly, product B. (What changed the appearance of the coral, metallic color, slightly pastel color, healthy growth of coral, etc.)(Of course, A + B is used, no problem)

Plan C:Similarly, once to twice a week,(Observe what the coral appearance has changed, soft appearance, red, pink, polyp growth, good PE, etc.)

Plan D:Every 25 US gallons / 1 drop, twice a week。(Observe what the coral has changed, increase the appearance of blue coral, green coral, polyp growth, rich and darken the color. Etc.)

ABCD products can basically start 2 times a week, then 3 times a week, depending on the appearance of the coral (your personal taste)

ABCD products can be added separately to observe the different changes each product brings to coral

ABCD products can also be A + B + C + D / 2 times a week

You can also add A + B + D after a period of time, and then add product C (the coral appearance is soft)

All nutrition / coloring products are better added with low malnutrition

Change the water 5 to 10% every week to keep the NSW parameters as stable as possible (including potassium)

Do n’t forget the next zeolite exchange time, usually after 6 weeks, over time, the malnutrition is stable and can be replaced in 8 weeks

Zeo carbon, replaced every 30 days

Thanks Jacky, really appreciate you taking the time to respond, also, the link you have provided is excellent, covers pretty much everything you need to know moving forward.

Once again, thanks for your input, will up-date again in a few weeks, may even include a few pictures of the tank ?

Stay Safe.

Comment

Enjoy it. At this stage, I think of it as, like getting an admission ticket, different dosages of different products, which is really interesting, I enjoy the process. Of course, I am not a professional, but I like to observe changes in coral appearance. If you are interested, you may be able to observe the effects of coral from a single product, which is good.

Please also keep in mind that the lower the nutritional / coloring products, the lower the malnutrition (NP = 0 stable), the better the product addition effect.

After that, you can say aloud that the coral quality NP = 0, the coral is really no problem.

It's like, watercolor painting, for example: I want purple, then my idea is: Zeo PIF + Zeo B-Balance. (I ca n’t say I ’m right, but it ’s really interesting)

Comment

Enjoy it. At this stage, I think of it as, like getting an admission ticket, different dosages of different products, which is really interesting, I enjoy the process. Of course, I am not a professional, but I like to observe changes in coral appearance. If you are interested, you may be able to observe the effects of coral from a single product, which is good.

Please also keep in mind that the lower the nutritional / coloring products, the lower the malnutrition (NP = 0 stable), the better the product addition effect.

After that, you can say aloud that the coral quality NP = 0, the coral is really no problem.

It's like, watercolor painting, for example: I want purple, then my idea is: Zeo PIF + Zeo B-Balance. (I ca n’t say I ’m right, but it ’s really interesting)
                      To be honest, I hadn't even considered observing the effects the each individual product will have on the system, I will now and will look too diarise.

One thing I forgot to ask was my current skimming regime, which is to run the Skimmer Wet, is now a good time to change this to a Dry Skim ?

Do you have pictures of your own system that you would be willing to share ?

Comment

There are not many pictures
                        Attached Files

Comment

Comment

I think it can be adjusted to a little damp.

System picture, there is no picture in the phone at present, may have to wait for me to get off work. System, I do n’t quite understand the meaning of this system, do you mean the pictures in the sump?

Comment

I think it can be adjusted to a little damp.

System picture, there is no picture in the phone at present, may have to wait for me to get off work. System, I do n’t quite understand the meaning of this system, do you mean the pictures in the sump?
                              Thanks Jacky, colours on those corals are popping, thanks for sharing.

Yes, pictures of your sump area.

I will adjust skimmer to a damp skim as opposed to a completely wet skim.

Thanks again.

Comment

The sump is very simple, falling water, filter cotton, skimmer, zeolite reactor, Zeo carbon, reflux pump

Comment

Working...
                                X