New Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
    I think it is not necessary at this stage but if you like to your can dose it once daily like recommended on the bottle if you do not have any algae or cyano issues.

G.Alexander
    I still have algae issue so I will wait

Comment

• I want to use this math Diluting ZeoStart3 for Automated Dosers. should I boil the RODI water ?or I can without boil ?

Comment

• You will need a container to hold the solution that seals and can withstand temperature sterilization, usually glass works well.

Boil some RODI water and wash the inside of the container, lid, and all tubing (used for drawing the solution to the doser and tank.) Discard this water, do not dry with a cloth, do not touch any of the surfaces that will have contact with the solution. Place the items on a clean or sterilized surface to cool naturally.

Boil the required amount of RODI water to be used for your solution. Once at the boiling point remove from heat and allow to cool naturally. This may take some time so you can speed up the process by placing the boiling container in a ice bath (be sure not to contaminate your boiled water in this process). You should also cover the water to avoid what is called "bacterial rain", this is bacteria in the air that will fall to the surface of the water and contaminate it. It is best if you can complete the cooling within 30 minutes time to lower the chance of contamination.

Pour the cooled and measured amount of RODI water into your dosing container.

Add the measured amount of ZeoStart3 to the RODI water.

Comment

• And how about dosing how many hours I must keep between zeostart3 and zeobak - spongepower -coral snow -flatworm ??

Comment

• It does not matter, you can dose them at the same time but do not mix them before dosing.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Hello I start another new tank zeovit just for lps can i rise the kh to 8.5 or 9 ? Its will work with the zeovit dosing ?

Comment

• Natural reefs have a KH around 8, higher levels do not improve anything but can cause issues in a nutrient poor system. My recommendation is to keep the KH around 8.

G.Alexander

Comment

• Hello again I have few questions about my second zeovit tank for lps coral only.
                  1-when i does coral snow it rise the MG ??? Is that normal ?
                  2-my lps coral they’re fading coral anything I can but to make more color ???

Comment

• I have never observed a increase of Mg while dosing Coral Snow even if overdosed heavy. Is PO4 and NO3 stabile low now without using a PO4 remover ?

G.Alexander

Comment

• No3 10 ppm po4 0.3 ppm every time I try to decrease The GFO my po4 get high i dont know what to do !!::/

Comment

• The increase of PO4 has something to do with the PO4 depots which are already in the system. It will take some time until you notice a slow decrease of PO4, this can be a long process. Do you regular vacuum the sand to remove the sediments from the deeper sand layers ? Which kind of your LPS corals do loose color, is their tissue expanded as usual ?

G.Alexander

Comment

• 1-Yes I vacuum weekly.
                          2-coral : scoly -hammer -acan - elegance
                          3-yes the tissue expanded
                          *and now I have daitom on the sand bed for few days I hear some people said it can be because of sponge power !? Should I lower or stop my sponge power for a week ?

Comment

• You might try to feed the affected LPS corals directly for some time to improve their color again but basically if their tentacles and tissue is expanded they should be fine.

If you like to give it a try to stop dosing SpongePower temporary you can do to see if the diatoms do disappear.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                            X