Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Dosing for New Tank

Hello gang!

Well the new 180 in wall is complete and I need to change my dosing to accomodate the new tank. The LR is all new and I sold off the old rock I had cause I suspected it was loaded with PO4.

I lost approx 85% of all my SPS during the lenghty upgrade and I am really bummed about it. I lost most of my prize pieces but will soon start collecting them again .

180G AGA RR
    55G Sump
    200lbs LR

WOW, Jim, what happen for you to lose nearly all your corals? Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

I am not sure. All my livestock was being held in a 65g argamaster with all my equipment and lights connected on it. I have a feeling that I had a huge temp swing but its hard to tell. I am bummed about it but I can't let it get me down so I am moving forward. .

Comment

That sounds likely, Jim, as you're an experienced aquarist. I'm off to my rounds but will give you zeo-dosing recommendations later, thnx. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Jim, I would have kept your prized corals for you. Next time let me know I am sure we could have done something... Sorry to hear this... I do not have a ton of room left but I could have gotten a few pieces on the faux bottom...

Comment

Jim, can you fill out the sticky for the new setup to help with dosing?

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

Jeff

Comment

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) 180G Display & 55g Sump
              2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) 150G??
              3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique – Geo 610 Calcium Reactor
              4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) - NO
              5. Are you using Ozone - NO
              6. Are you using UV - NO
              7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) – ASM G3
              8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels - 0
              9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels – 425 - 1280
              10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)
              11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) – Phoenix 14k DE
              12. What corals do you keep – SPS ONLY
              13. Tissue color (light or dark) – Bad right now – Lost 85% during upgrade – Few I have left are hanging on
              14. How long has the tank been running – 2 Weeks
              15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system – Color, Growth, etc
              16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.)
              17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) – 200 lbs Fiji Pukani – All New
              18. Any present problems – No coral ….lol
              19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) N/A
              20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) - Salifert
              21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) – None yet
              22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.)

SG – 1.025
              Temp – 78 - 80

Comment

Jim, this would be your dosing scehdule for the first changout. 1.5l zeoliths at 150 gph with 1.5 cups of carbon placed in a mesh bag and needed 3x weekly. 4 drops bac 2 drops food every other day for 2 weeks then 2x weekly until changout. .5 ml start2 2x daily. If using PIF,AAHC or FE I would say 3 drops AAHC daily 6 drops PIF 2x weekly and 4 drops FE 1x weekly... Cycle reactor 3 on 3 off for this changout and shake stones 2x daily. If you have anyother question Jim go ahead and ask...

Peace, Jeff

Comment

Working...
                X