No announcement yet.

My new zeovit tank......Help me please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no experience with siporax materials, and I cannot say anything. ZeoVit System Basic 4 products will work well. If you are worried, some quality live rock is definitely a better choice.

Comment

If you do not use live rock the cycle will take much more time, can last up to a couple of month before the system runs solid however as you use sand additional to the ZeoVit material there is space to host bacteria. If you do not like to add a couple of pieces live rock to your sump for example I would recommend to start as planned without additional filtration material.

G.Alexander

Comment

Yesterday another important step forward. After several washes in osmosis water and obtained good values ​​from the tests, the rocks and aragonite are finally in the tank. Today I plan to install lighting skimmer and zeolite reactor and officially start the adventure ..... Now considering the approximately 350 l net I have drawn up my dosages:

1° day:
        -Zeobak 17,5 ml
        -Zeostart 35 ml
        -Sponge power: 10,5 ml
        -Zeolite 0,85 L, with flow 340 L/h

2° and 3° day:
        - pause

4° day:
        -Zeobak 3 gg
        -Zeostart 0,3 ml (0,15 morning + 0,15 evening)
        -Sponge power 3gg

Continue as day 4 until day 14.
        Can you confirm that everything is correct in the dosages?
        A further question about the zeolite, must be prepared in some way before inserting the material into the reactor (like washing or something like that)
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200614_103954.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.09 MB ID:	596283

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200614_104008.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.32 MB ID:	596281Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200614_104002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.28 MB ID:	596284Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20200614_103941.jpg Views:	0 Size:	3.30 MB ID:	596285

Comment

https://forum.zeovit.com/forum/gener...nformation-faq

#7 in the link for your reference

Congratulations on a new coral reef, I wish you success

Comment

Small but important step forward, the automatic ceiling light lifter is finally installed. Everything must still be completed with wood finishes to hide all the structure that will be invisible when the work is completed.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0KDPP76Vkg

Comment

Hello Alex, the video is private, I am not able to see it without a youtube login.

G.Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by G.Alexander View Post
                Hello Alex, the video is private, I am not able to see it without a youtube login.

G.Alexander

Oops .... sorry I had not noticed. I corrected now you can see it.

Comment

The video is ready to watch and looks good. In terms of my tank lighting equipment, I also use automatic lifting, with a remote control, T5 tube x10 and wooden box, and I can use the remote control to freely rise and pause and lower, which is really convenient

Comment

Yes, exactly what I will do too. My lighting will consist of an ATI 8x39 + on the front side a led bar of the easy led deep blue model. Today I plan to finish the connections of the electrical part at least to be able to turn on the light is finally starting with day 1 of the dosages.

Comment

Yesterday another small update, performed ceiling light electrical connections (unfortunately I had problems with the configuration of the device for the management of the ceiling light with app from the cell, I hope to solve today) but finally I could see the effect with the tank light on. The current configuration is composed as follows.
                      Starting from the front of the tank:

1- Led bar EASY LED DEEP BLUE (not yet installed)
                      2- ATI Coral Plus
                      3- ATI Blu Plus
                      4- GIESEMANN Super Actinic
                      5- ATI Aqua Blu Special
                      6- ATI Purple
                      7- ATI Blu Plus
                      8- ATI Aqua Blu Special
                      9- ATI Blu Plus

It is my first experience with t5 and I still do not have an expert eye to define the quality of the light, aesthetically it is very very beautiful, I will do some further tests when the LED bar will be installed to define the final configuration. Today the start of the zeolite reactor is scheduled and the dosage on day 1 of zeovit .......... exciteddddddddddd
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200617_215943.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	4.96 MB
ID:	596346

Comment

Finally yesterday 18/06/2020 was the day of departure with zeovit:
                        -0,85 L material zeovit
                        -340 L reactor flow calibration (2,85 L x 30sec. ---> 5,7 L x 1min. ---> 342 L/h)
                        -17,5 ml ZEOBAK
                        -35 ml ZEOSTART
                        -10,5 ml SPONGE POWER

Tomorrow I will make a small video to show the reactor shaking, I am afraid it is too small and there is not enough space to shake the stones, I would appreciate your opinion on this later, thanks. Night falls on the tank.............
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200618_234309.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	3.23 MB
ID:	596375

Comment

Small video of the. My zeolite reactor, do you think it is enough to shake the zeolite like this?
                          https://youtu.be/luKwdjHbQu4

Comment

I watched the video, and I felt that ZeoVit material must be completely immersed in water, not partly exposed to the air. This might be better

Correction: Sorry, I misunderstood. When the Pump keeps running, the water level is indeed higher than the ZeoVit material
                            Last edited by jacky; 06-21-2020, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Yes Jacky, I confirm that all the zeolite is immersed in water. My doubt was about the shaking, if it is sufficient as seen in the video. A question that comes to mind when it is a good time to start carrying out some tests on water values? And what are the values ​​to start monitoring? Today I am on the 5th day.

Comment

Hello Alex, you can begin to check Ca / KH and K+ next week and adjust the levels if necessary.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                                X