X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grotech Reactor and Eheim Pump

Hi,

Is anyone using this combination.

Any tips on knowing what the flow through the reactor is?

I am using a ballgate

THanks

Elliot

Elliot, what size GroTech filter and what Eheim pump do you use?
    Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Its the small reactor and 1250.

Thanks

elliot

Comment

Can I just check... I was told to use 1ltr of zeovit, having filled in the form on RC.

The dosing should be 5 drops of bak / food every day for 2 weeks, then twice a week.

Start - 3 x 1.5ml per day for 4 weeks.

1 cup of carbon, kneeded daily.

Does this sound right?

I think I will use a maxi jet on the reactor- its simpler

Thanks

elliot

Comment

Elliot, if you're using 1ltr zeolites, then a MJ 400 or 600 should do the job. Remember you want about 100gph/400l/h flow thru, with cycling on & off every 3hrs. Even though I probably submitted your previous dosages, in regards to ZeoStart, your dosage for the 1st 2wks. sounds good, then reduce Start to .5ml 3x's/day for the remainder of the zeolite cycle[total of 4wks until the first zeolite exchange] Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Can I put a ballvalve on the return line from the reactor? It would be simple to do it that way. Or do I need to control the flow before it goes into the reactor....or is that really doing the same thing?
            65 SPS
            692Watts
            2085gph Max Flow
            Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

Just something to look at but I like the Eheim compact pumps on the reactors. They have flow control and come in 300,600,1000l sizes. Here they are http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...mp.asp?CartId= .
              Take Care,
              Chad

Comment

Ok mine is rated for 317gph, so if I close my valve 1/2 way am I to assume its now at 150some gph? The flow going throught the reactor is going to be pretty slow right? 75Net water is going to be 75GPH right? This sucks Grotech also sent some weird sized C-PVC that I cannot get anything to match up to...suggestions?
                65 SPS
                692Watts
                2085gph Max Flow

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

I was able to adapt mine from the threaded fitting that is attached to the union. The one that screws into the top of the Eheim pump and I went to a female adapter that stepped down the pipe size and then went into a male thread to hose barb fitting to match the diameter coming out of the eheim compact pump.
                  Chad

Comment

Hi Nathan, I just used telfon tape to enlarge the insertion connection Bob

Comment

Thanks.... so I have now rinsed the zeovit, go the flow right through the reactor..... do I simply add all 3 and away I go.

Cycle the reactor at 3 hr intervals.

Do I plunge from day 0 ?

Thanks

Elliot

Comment

Well Elliot, you're splashing on out there Try to dose the zeo-components in front of your intake pump of the zeo-filter when it's in the "on" mode. Turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing bak/food7. This is not necessary with the daily Start doses. These zeo's can be dosed one right after the other. Pump the stones 10-15 reps 2x's/day right from the get-go Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob...

will be starting shortly... minor mistake my part meant I fractured the reactor... doh!... nothing milliput cannot fix.

So should be ready in a few hours

Will the effects been seen quicker in a cleaner tank? I run BB with a 5 micron sieve (changed daily).. .so have no nitrates / phosphates detectable (Deltec lab grade phos kit).

Thanks for your help

Elliot

Comment

I'm starting mine up today as well, Do I need to wash the stones before I put them in the reactor?

Also I'm looking for opinions, I figure my pump is flowing about 250GPH after it goes through all my plumbing...How much should I crank the ballvalve? 1/2 way alittle more than 1/2 way?
                            -Nathan
                            65 SPS
                            692Watts
                            2085gph Max Flow

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

I know you need to wash the snows

I used a dedicated maxi - it is so much easier

e

Comment

Working...