Looking for large ZEO system tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for large ZEO system tanks

I'm helping a friend add ZEOvit to a system which is approx 1,000g.
    What are the options for reactors to hold enough ZEOlit?
    From the standpoint of mixing I'm sure it will need to multiple units.
    Also looking ahead to maintenance at media change out time I'm hoping we can put this together so the ZEOlit can be changed on a rotating basis instead of all at once (change all media in one reactor at a time).

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Manfreds 800g AQ:

http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92

Comment

Madison is building a reactor to hold 6 liters for me, I am positive he can build 2 connected to hold 1000+ gallons.. Shoot him a pm, I will post pics of mine once he is done with it, its and ext unit. I should have it in a few weeks or so.

Comment

Scott... Thanks
        ZEOvit will be run on this system in what I'd term non-aggressive for simple nutrient reduction and not with the intention of getting them to zero. I'm currently doing the same myself and the results have been fantastic to say the least.

Madison... show me what you got!
        SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Steve, what kind of pump do you think this person would like? I'm asking because I really like Eheim pumps but there isn't one that is big enough for more than 7 liters of zeovit. The biggest I will make a single chamber is 6 liters. Anything larger than that and the cost just gets insane (triples). Dual chamber is no problem or it can be two reactors (two pumps). That's why it depends on pump choice.

Comment

Madison... Are you making these large reactors with an inner sleeve? Pumping that many stones would be difficult.
            The pump is really no issue as we'll just get one the pushes the correct flow. I really think twin so that the change cycle can alternate.

SteveU
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Yes, they definately have the inner sleeve. Shoot me an email and i'll put some pics together

Comment

Damn Madison... Drop'em in this thread!
                It's ok, really!
                SteveU
                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hell, yes, Madison, I luv to see some of your current models. My Grotech[lg. zeofilter] when filled with 4 1/2 ltrs. just spills out too much of the stones. I'm considering a small model to add for about 2ltrs so that this problem is in the past--let me know what you got, my good zeo-buddy Bob
                  "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Working...
                  X