Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FragFarmer.com and Central Aquarium & Reef

Greetings All !

I just stumbled across this ... thought that Southern California residents might be interested:

Grand Opening 9/10/05!!! - Central Aquarium & Reef aka Fragfarmer.com
    Hey everyone. Eric at Fragfarmer.com will have the grand opening of his local shop - Central Aquarium & Reef - next Saturday 9/10/05 from 12:00 pm to 7:30 pm. First 20 customers will recieve a free T-shirt with their purchase. So far, grand opening specials include $2.49/lb Fiji live rock, 10% off all livestock and drygoods except for Fragfarmer.com Frags. He said he may also have Ocean Pure salt for $5.00 on a bag of 50g mix. And FREE Pizza while it lasts!!! The store address is:

903 Central Avenue, #E
    Upland, CA 91786

It's located half a block south of Foothill Blvd. and just north of The Hat.

Extracted from:
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...hreadid=663624

Some photos of the new shop:
    http://www.fragfarmer.com/ff_local_shop.php

Contact page for phone numbers, address, and email:
    http://www.fragfarmer.com/ff_contact.php

Newsletter Page:
    http://www.fragfarmer.com/ff_join_newsletter.php

Congratulations Eric ! ...

FYI ...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Hunter S. Thompson

I stopped by Eric's shop - Fragfarmer - Yesterday (Labor Day).

He has some really stunning the SPS. The store has changed alot in the last several months - He has built a really nice little clean shop caterring to a new era of LCS (Local Coral Store). The store is definitely aimed at the high end reefer. And he has a selection that includes alot of corals I have not seen before, and definitely would like to have.

I was on my way to visit Pucci of ExtremeAquatics, and had to leave quickly - But I still left with some frags, and Eric ended up with enough cash for a tank of gas -

Dave B
    400g SPS Reef - 33g Surge - +30k gph Flow - Lots of DIY / 1100g Outdoor SPS System / 280g FO Watch my Reef Tank, LIVE!!!

Comment

Dave any pics of the new additions?

Eric if you are out there post some updates of the new shop.....

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Nick,

I didn't get home till after midnight last night - So I acclimated them and just set them in the tank.

If I get my butt moving later tonight I might actually mount them.

Nothing unusual as for frags - I just picked up some of the Shawn Bennett pieces that I had lost earlier this year.

Dave B
        400g SPS Reef - 33g Surge - +30k gph Flow - Lots of DIY / 1100g Outdoor SPS System / 280g FO Watch my Reef Tank, LIVE!!!

Comment

sounds good.... are those frags pretty fast growers?

Hey Dave anyway i could convinve you to post some new pics of your amazing setup?

Nick
          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Nick,

I have a webcam on the tank 24/7 that you can pan / tilt and zoom -- Why do I need pics ?

Dave B

www.o2manyfish.com/camera.htm

Comment

oh never saw that!

very cool!

Nick

Comment

I'm taking a sneak preview on Friday. Or was that supposed to be a secret, Eric? Can't wait to see. Although I won't be able to buy any SPS since I'm setting up a new tank (and have RB's, uggh) - I can't wait to see what you got. Maybe I can pickup some nice LPS. Micromussas are down to $2/polyp, in case you didn't get the memo. Hopefully you price them accordingly. ;-)

Comment

Hey Fliger, you in town? I'm supposed to get my tank delivered on Friday....

And if I ever get back into the sps game...I'm gonna be ALL OVER Eric and Puccis places.
                  10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                  BK400ext
                  RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                  MRC kalkmixer
                  IKS

Comment

Ya you didn't see my thread on geekcentral (Yes, I know I'm a geek, my wife and friends affectionately refer to it as geekcentral). I indirectly referred to you on the SoCal thread.

I'd like to see Eric's and Anthony's shop. And any monstrous skimmers. Are you around Friday during the day or are you doing bone stuff? I wanna hit Erics in the afternoon and head back to AZ after that. I'm forced to drive. Worse, a minivan. My niece is at USC and I'm delivering. But I'm coming home with a fish tank, lol.

Comment

I'm around in the morning. My tank is getting delivered and then actually I've got meetings from 12 or so onwards.

I'm not all that far from USC. But I am the wrong direction if you wanna hit up Eric and Anthony before driving back.

Don't have much to show except a disassembled AP702 and a pristine BK400ext....
                      10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                      BK400ext
                      RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                      MRC kalkmixer
                      IKS

Comment

Working...
                      X