Japanese Biostone & Wave Rxtr.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japanese Biostone & Wave Rxtr.

Im trying to figure out how the reactor works? Surge reactor?

Source: http://www.namamugi.co.jp/menu/stwave.html

With the feature 0 strong wave system of the strong wave product, the strong wave and water flow like the natural world inside the tank are reproduced. As for power of 0 strong waves, as for the effect which the big water flow and the wave like the natural world give to the organism the eye is watched. The transparent impression of 0 water increases and the organism makes lively. Good quality of opening the especially software coral is the surprise. Using the filter medium for 0 strong waves, itself the て, the power does not change without. At 0 this stores, inserting BIOS tone, you have used. (150 Π 3L 200 Π 8L 250 Π 11L)

looks insane but done inderstand how it works and what the rocks are for
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Anyone want to take a shot on how this rxtr works? Could be an easy design.

Comment

It's a surge system isn't it???
        10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
        BK400ext
        RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
        MRC kalkmixer
        IKS

Comment

looks like it...especially with all those bubbles. but what are the rocks for?

Comment

Yes, its a surge system, here is a diagram:

Comment

why the stones ?

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
                why the stones ?
                Working on that one =), actually waiting for an answer. Off the top of my head I am thinking to help with air bubbles.

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
                  why the stones ?
                  I am not good at japanes but it is said this stone is imported in France
                  (made in France) and generates the mineral for fish's growth. and the minus
                  ion is generated in Surface of rock and this ion can be discovered in nature..

This is not exact translation but I think this is...

http://www.namamugi.co.jp/menu/biostone.html

www.spsholic.com

Comment

You know though...it occurs to me....with the correct surge rate, wouldn't this be a great zeoreactor????
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

I dont think the stones help with bubbles but the combo fo the rocks and felt on top I bet it is pretty quiet. If nothing else you can be certain that there is a generous amount of aerobic respiration happening on the surface of the stones but I dont know how the 02 conc changes inside the rocks.
                      Jake Adams
                      Reef Builders

Comment

Good responses! Now we are getting to the bottom of this and like Chuck said, it would make a great reactor for ZEOvit. The only concern I have is the same as Jake's and that is the rocks being exposed to air and if that helps or reduces the life of the stone. And not only that, if the stone is only exposed for seconds, while it remains in the water for minutes, then it would still work out ok.

Mane, thanks for the diagram. Would the pump be on for 24 hrs? or do you think its timed? What is the clear tube in the middle for? Isnt that the water feed (input)?

Comment

clear tube in the middle is for overflow in case the siphon malfunctions.
                          Jake Adams
                          Reef Builders

Comment

You know though...it occurs to me....with the correct surge rate, wouldn't this be a great zeoreactor????
                            Not a bad idea, I just wonder if the surge would be enough to create the same "shake/mix" intensity as our manual stirring. Someone should try it...
                            Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

well, that's essentially how the cup cleaning part of the Deltec SCH works and that works fine. I think it would work, but of course you would have to either mount the thing above your tank, or be surging into your sump for no particular reason....course it would automate the shaking thing....

MADISON, HELLO....new OUINLA reactor????
                              10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                              BK400ext
                              MRC kalkmixer
                              IKS

Comment

Working...
                              X