Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black tang
    replied
    Can you post some more pics ... What an awesome set up looks great . Keep up the good work ..

Leave a comment:

• mshur
    replied
    I belive mike doesnt have ceramics anymore

Leave a comment:

• servo
    replied
    Nice tank!

It's great to see one set up with the reef ceramics. Don't they sell overflow ceramic covers now? I why not add one?

So do you have any updated pictures? I would love to see the ceramics now.

Leave a comment:

• wbeavers
    replied
    Here is the plumbing Mike& I did.

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    Hey Mike can I see some pics on how you plumbed your RD return ?

Leave a comment:

• skippyreef
    replied
    School of Fish (I liked the music group also LOL)

Well finally after weeks in quarantine they are in the tank!!! My school of lyrtails! There are some Queen anthias in Quarantine now that just started accepting pepared foods! I am hoping to have them in the tank in a few weeks as well.

Leave a comment:

• wbeavers
    replied
    Jeff, I have that frag in the care of someone else for the time being. Chad bought one about the same size. His has tripled in size, mine has stayed the same the are right next to each other. Go figure. He said he was going to frag his and give me a piece when I'm ready for it. That is a great coral.

Mike owes me some frags for the help I gave him with setting up his tank; after all if it is PVC I most likely piped it or designed it. Mike has a lot of choice corals. I'm real happy to say that I was an integral part of the design and execution of this tank. Mike's setup is an inspiration for the custom 150 setup I'm currently working on. Part of that setup is a dedicated 29 gallon Quarantine setup that Mike mentioned. It has a ER skimmer, an OM 4-way Squirt, a 29 sump, and about a 40x turn over with the alternating current. The system will be used for coral storage until the larger tank is ready, and then it will become one killer coral only Q tank.
    Last edited by wbeavers; 11-04-2006, 02:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• G.Alexander
    replied
    Mike, I like the way you have arranged the RC, looks very natural. The whole display is also integrated very well in the room. Good work, the humilis is a very nice piece, take care about it.

G.Alexander

Leave a comment:

• skippyreef
    replied
    Thanks!!!

Scott I will call you next week Bro... Been preparing forthe MASM swap and our Debut there.

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    lol ..... Bro tank looks amazing bro

Leave a comment:

• gqjeff
    replied
    Got me thinking maybe RC again hehehe...

Leave a comment:

• mshur
    replied
    Thank you Mike for good info... I will observe this curing process and we can create some time line..

Leave a comment:

• skippyreef
    replied
    If it leaches anything it is silicates from teh curing process. I honestly think it is part of the process. The wise ting to do is observe what is happening and create a time line. Your information coupled with mine and Nicks may show a trend that we can pass on to others. WE may also be able to develope other ways and improved ways to pre-cure teh reef ceramics prior to introduction into an aquarium from this data

Leave a comment:

• mshur
    replied
    Mike,

Thankx ..Thats exactly how my algea looks like...Up to the date u dont think ,that reef ceramics leach any Po4 in to the water?..
    I just re-tested and i got 0,06 wich isnt that bad..plus i dont think its from Rc anyways..My main concern was ,that with the time they might leach some Po4..I guess u confirm my doughts...
    Mike, your tank looks awesome,keep up with a good job!!!

mike

Leave a comment:

• skippyreef
    replied
    Thanks Scott! I really like to know what I am doing and if there is a test kit for what I am dosing I want to have it

Leave a comment:

Working...
X