Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review my interceptor treatment plan please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review my interceptor treatment plan please...

Thinking I am going to do it today. Planning on using 5/8 of the large 51-100# pill. Going to dissolve it well or use a blender to get it good and dissolved. Planning on pouring it in and leaving it in 6-7 hrs.. Then 4 cups carbon for 24 hrs with skimmer on but not producing foam. Then 20% water change out and turn skimmer back on. Then next day go back to 2 cups for my net 200 gallon system of carbon.. Will repeat 2 more times at 1 week intervals.. Does this sound ok to you peeps that have treated for these redbugs in the past?

TY in advance, Jeff

Also if you have treated have you lost your shrimp and acro crabs? How about snails and stars? I think I have read they will all be ok snails and stars that is. I know my pods are toast aswell but they should come back in a month or 2. Took my madarine out and have it at my nephews house in his small tank.. GOD I hope it survives... Took it out cause all he EVER eats is pods never has touched any other food added to the tank...

Peace

Comment

anybody? I am wanting to do this in the next couple hrs so I can do the water change after golf tonight.

Peace, Jeff

Comment

does this sound OK?

Comment

sorry bud, no experience with Interceptor treatments...
          --Matt

Comment

Hi Jeff, I'd never treated the red-bug infestation--can anybody help here who has? thnx. Bob
            "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

jeff...
              i did it..twice..
              u need to do at least 2 treatments.each one u have run for 6 hours.then change 25% water and run a lot of carbon.after 24h. u have to rapid treatment and do w/c
              i alwayst o.d. my first treatment. on my 150g tank i use 1/4 of large tablet.
              unfortunately u can say good by to ur crabs and shrimps((thats the sad part.
              but u will have no problem with fish or corals...at least i didnt

mike

Comment

Mike TY, so my plane sounds good? I was told a large tab will treat 360-380 gallons so I figure 5/8 to be good.. put carbon in 24hrs after the treatmkent or after the 25% water change out for 24 hrs?

Comment

jeff,
                  yes,ur plan sounds good..
                  but,u have to change water right after treatment.
                  turn off ur skimmer also while u do treatment...dont worry u should be fine))
                  i"ve heard algeaman dont change his water after treatment and his tank doing well...go figure..

mike

Comment

Looks good!! Make sure you calculate ALL water volume and not just display. You will loose some shrimp and crabs, but killing the red bugs helps more and they can be replaced. If you can, catch them.

Like Mike said, my friend didnt do a water change either and his tank was ok. I would still do it though to be safe.

Comment

Thanks guys.. It goes into the tank at 12 noon today... Got 50 gallons ready for the water change... Planning on using 4 cups carbon for 24 hrs after the water change...

Comment

GOOD LUCK!!!!
                        --Matt

Comment

Thanks Bro....

Comment

good luck,bro!!!
                            let us know,how everything go...
                            try to get some crabs out..

mike

Comment

TY MIke.. Might try to snag my 10-12 acro crabs if I can... I might also try to grab my cleaner shrimp aswell.. Other then that I am good to go...

Comment

Working...
                              X