ZEO in a FO or Freshwater enviroment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZEO in a FO or Freshwater enviroment?

Would there be able advantage to using ZEO on a FOWLR?

Is ZEO strictly a marine product or could it be utilized in a freshwater enviroment as well?

Sean,With all the research i've done on Zeolites(enough to write a book),they are most effective in fresh water.We are using them in waste water,swimming pools,and they're being tested in RO filters.They are also being used for air filtration and odor elemination.I'm not sure the zeolites we're using with Zeovit are correct for freshwater.There is over 120 structural variations of of zeolites being use today

Comment

Sean,theres one zeolite that i've learend about that is such a good ammonia absorber that I believe it can be used in shipping fish.I think if i can get the zeolite ground to say maybe the size of a piece of aquarium gravel,place a small ammount in the bag the fish is in,it will absorb the ammonia the fish releases in transit.Less toxins,less stress,less death.Like a mini bio filter.I'll post results as i conduct tests.I don't believe these are the same zeo's we're using now.If anyone can jump in here and let me know if this sounds like a good idea or if you think i'm nuts,it's appreciated

Comment

Cosmo, I really appreciate the info. I didn't really ZEOliths were so wide ranged as you've suggested. It'd be interested to do tests and eventually bring ZEO to every aquarium

Comment

I was able to find the Zeolites i needed locally.The testing begins tomorow.The only filtration will be the zeolites.I'll be using 3 guppies.After testing the will live out their lives in my son's 20 gallon.

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the ZEOs?

Comment

Im trying some Zeo in my 10g freshwater tank as we speak. The water is so cloudy and nothing I do seems to help, I figured it was worth a shot Just the zeoliths though. I let you guys know how it works.
              Last edited by Diesel3443; 02-03-2005, 09:23 PM.
              Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Originally posted by SeanCallan
                If you don't mind me asking, where did you find the ZEOs?
                Garden center that has pond supplies should have it.It's used in pond filtration.HBH sells zeolites for fresh water too.It's called ammonia absorber i think.Theres so many different zeolites so be careful what one you use.I'm testing a different one then whats in the HBH.The one i'm testing is high in potassium.Once it's exhusted in the aquarium,i'm going to try and recycle it to grow plants.If previously loaded with ammonium, the zeolites slowly release of nitrogen and potassium into the soil,perfect for plants

Comment

Working...
                X