what does mulm look like

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what does mulm look like

ok, time for the stupid question of the day. what does mulm look like? the reason im asking, is cause when i shake my rocks, some cloudy residue comes off which only lasts for a few seconds. nothing substantial as far as i can see.

TIA, tim

Tim, the mulm["duff"] is the end product of bacterial processing of nutrients from the zeolites which takes on a gray sand-like appearance. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

the stuff i get looks more like powder...

Comment

I thought any detritivore would know what mulm looked like :blue:

Comment

LOL

Comment

Actually the term Mulm is not exclusive to aquariums, when I was a kid my Dad was a keen gardener, with compost heaps, and all that stuff. I can remember the word Mulm being used in relation to general rotted down cruddy stuff, at least that's how I interpreted it.
            I suspect it may also be used by dentists in relation to what they find on the gum line of people who never clean their teeth.

Comment

When I stir my Zeolites, I really don't see anything in the water, but my skimmer's production gets knocked down for a bit...so I know something's being released into the water.
              T.J.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
              X