Need a ZEOvit AngelGuide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a ZEOvit AngelGuide

Hi, ZEOvit reefers. Well after reading about the zeovit system for a few months now, i would like to give it a try and see its results for myself and i would like you guys to help me on this "adventure".

First of all i will give you the basic information of my system and i would give you anyother data you need, here we go:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.)...120g + 16g = 136g
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) ...100g aprox
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique ...YES Knop reactor KORALlith granulate.
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.)...NO
    5. Are you using Ozone ...NO
    6. Are you using UV... NO
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume)...TurboFlotor 1000 Multi
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels ...Undetectable (Salifert) Only 3 fish
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels ...Ca 460 Alk 10,6 Mg 1260
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.)...Pure Berlin method
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) ...2x250w PFO 10k BLV + 1x150w 10K BLV
    12. What corals do you keep... SPS, LPS, rics & zoos
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) ... Both
    14. How long has the tank been running ... More than 4 years
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system ... Well trying to get a clean enviorment for my SPS and better colour.
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) ... Seachem Trace Elements, Vit & Amino, Iodine - Salifert Mg & Sr
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) ... 130 pounds aprox / 60 kilograms 5/6 years old (Cuban and South African live rock)
    18. Any present problems ... Bad algae areas
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) ... A few bad algae spots.
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) ... Salifert
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) ... NO
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) ... Salinity 1025, Temp 25º (76,9 F), good osmosis parameters, Sr 10 mg/l, 2x6000 Tunze Streams with Multicontroller.

A pic of my tank

If more information needed just ask, thanks.

Brian :yesway:

Hi Brian, ZEOvit will enable you to rid your tank of that awful-looking nusance algae, but since the LR is 6y/o, it will take time before all the sequestered nutrients are depleted, so be patient. Do manually remove the algae daily & reduce the KH to the ZEOvit guidelines of 6-8 & more importantly, keep it stable. For your system, I recommend the following:

1)dose 1/4 ltr. carbon in a mesh-bag, passively, in your sump. Knead the bag 3 x's/wk. & change monthly.

2)dose 1 ltr. zeolites in a filter at a flow rate of 100gph[400 l/h]. A little more or less is fine. Clean the stones once or twice a day. Cycle the flow to the filter "on" & "off" at 3 hr. intervals with a simple "peg" timer. The stones will be changed at 4 wks. thereafter, the cycle-zeolite-period is 6wks.

3)dose 3 drops each of Bac & Food7 daily for 2 wks. then 3 drops each 2x's/wk. Turn off your skimmer for 60min after dosing these.

4)dose .5ml Start2 2x's/day daily. It is not necessary to turn off the skimmer after dosing just Start2. Dose Bac/Food/Start near the mouth of the zeo-filter pump.

5)do not use any other supplements at this time, just the "basic-four". This will allow you to observe the effects of the ZEOvit method w/o adding other variations to the equation. Ask any questions as they appear, Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hola Brian

Encantado de verte por aqui,

Tienes un area en Español, donde todos tus compañeros estamos empezando la andadura con este sistema, seras bienvenido en ella.

De esta manera podremos intercambiar experiencias y comentarios.

Venga un saludo

Comment

Thanks Bob for your quick reply. I´ve been "cooking" the rocks for a few months, seems to have worked a little, but there´s still a few pieces of rock that just dosent finish to "spit" all the s*** it has in . Any remarks on the rest of the system setup ???

I´ll keep up with the questions & information in the next days in this post.

Any special carbon or just any good quality brand ???

Hola Ramon, gracias por la bienvenida

Comment

Hi Brian, any low-P04 leaching carbon is fine. Just soak it overnite in RODI water before use--same with the zeolites. Brian, is difficult to tell from the pix's but be sure to provide good current in your tank to push the detritus up into the water column so that it gets to your skimmer & zeo-filter. I have found that acrylic reefracks under the LR facilitates greatly this process of detritus removal. Bob

Comment

Bienvenido Brian, recuerda que el area española esta a tu entera disposicion.

Por cierto en cuanto al carbon, un carbon de buena calidad es suficiente. Yo personalmente he usado el de grotech con buenos resultados y ahora estoy probando el de seachem.

Suerte en tu andadura con ZEOvit!

Welcome Brian: remember that spanish area is at yourn entire diposition.

About carbon, a good carbon is enough I personally use grotech with good results and now I'm testing the seachem one's

Good luck with ZEOvit!

Comment

Una cosita
              Recuerda que es importante hacer cambios de un 5% semanal

Just a thing
              Remeber to make 5% water changes per week

Comment

Thank you Supertutu for your welcome post and i will take note of your water changing advise.

Comment

Sr is a dificult parameter to measure and its not very stable, any special advise and which are the best levels for the ZEOvit system.

Thanks.

Comment

Brian, the 5%/wk. WC's will supply all the traces necessary for our corals. You do need to keep the Mg level >1250, which can be easily done with adding Grotech Mg granules[10-15%] to your Ca Reactor. Bob

Comment

thx aged salt ,I learned something new about zeo today
                      www.reeftecdesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEAREEF
                        thx aged salt ,I learned something new about zeo today
                        ,thnx, yea, I have thoroughly picked Alexander's expertise on many occasions. This system still continues to amaze me with how colorful Acroporas can become Bob

Comment

Thanks too Bob, i think we all learn something everyday. I've read that the Mg granulates should go on the top layer of the reactor, is that ok.

Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                            ,thnx, yea, I have thoroughly picked Alexander's expertise on many occasions. This system still continues to amaze me with how colorful Acroporas can become Bob
                            honestly I have yet to see any changes in my system .For 3 years now Ive ran a acro tank with colors that will blind you .. Even the dreaded figi blue acro kicks ass in my tank .Im in phase 2 now .I will say I have 1 acro that is getting a little brighter .. hopefully ill get INSANE colors ,this is what im striving for ..Plus I will be the first to admit im taking it slow ..
                            www.reeftecdesigns.com

Comment

Yes, Brian, place the Mg granules on the top. As the granules work their way down the reactor to the bottom, then renew.

Seareef, believe me, once you are in Phase III, the colors do "pop" out. For now, you can assist your corals by using the zeo-supplements, ie. PIF, PSG, Fe, Spur-ME, & AAHC per the ZEOvit dosing guidelines. Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X