Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amount of ZeoVit in a Acropora/Angelfish tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amount of ZeoVit in a Acropora/Angelfish tank?

I have gone from Nitratfilter to ZeoVit and I have followed the ZeoVit guide. But I think I use to little ZeoVit because I have an mix of Acropora and fishes. I have read in the faq that fish only tanks can use up to 3 liter/100 gallons. But how much ZeoVit shall I start with, my net water volume is 150 gallons?

My fishes:
    Pomacanthus imperator
    Pomacanthus xanthometopon
    Pomacanthus asfur
    Pomacanthus navarchus
    Pygoplites diacanthus
    Acanthurus sohal
    Ctenochaetus hawaiiensis

/Janne

Janne... Welcome to zeovit.com!!!!!

Might be best if we can get more information on your tank.
    The following thread will tell you the information needed to help give you advise custom for your tank.
    http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14

Any pictures of your tank you can post or link us to. I'd love to see your fish and corals.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Thank you, little more information of my tank.

Gross water volume: 720L + 128L = 848L
      Net water volume: 650L
      Are you using a CaCO2 reactor: AquaCare Turbo 2 and Kalkwasser Stirrer Deltec KM500
      Are you using a PO4 reactor: Deltec PF509
      What skimmer are you using: Top Fanthom 200 + Iwaki MD40
      What are your actual levels
      PO4: 0
      NO3: 10
      What are your actual levels
      Ca: 420
      Alk: 7
      Mg: 1320
      Type of light: 4 * 250W MH from BLV, 2 * 10000k and 2* 20000k
      What corals do you keep: Acropora, pocilipora and Montipora
      Tissue color: New tissues light and the old tissues darker
      How long has the tank been running: 1,5 year
      Live rock: 130 kg, 8 years old
      What test kit do you use: Salifert

Any supplemental dosing:
      Magnesium Tropical Marine

Used in 6 month:
      Amino Acid Konzentrat 6 drop/day
      Eisen Konzentrat 3 drop/day
      Kalium-Jodid-Fluor Konzentrat 6 drop/day
      Stylo-Pocci-Glow 6 drop/day

It's my first week with ZeoVit:
      ZeoVit 1L
      Zeobak 6 drop/day
      Zeofood 6 drop/day
      Zeostart 1,5 ml/day

/Janne
      Last edited by Janne; 08-12-2005, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Janne... Thanks for the information.
        My thoughts on the amount of Zeolit rocks is you are correct for the beginning. Though you may have many fish you still will need to start the system slowly. You don't want to make fast changes to your water.
        With the old live lock it may take some time before the PO4 all comes out. But since you can measure no PO4 now I wonder if the measurement is correct?
        What is your water change schedule now?

I'll leave the dosages on the other zeo basics to someone else.

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

150 liter/month and I use a phosphate reactor with RowaPhos.

/Janne

Comment

Originally posted by Janne
            150 liter/month and I use a phosphate reactor with RowaPhos.

/Janne
            Thanks... that explains the zero PO4 reading.

Are you still using the RowaPhos?

SteveU
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Yes, shall I take it away?

/Janne

Comment

Running it full time as a method to lower PO4 is not suggested with ZEOvit.
                You may need the small amount of PO4 being removed by the RowaPhos to keep the system working in balance with P & N. That's just my guess since even after one year using ZEO I don't fully understand.

SteveU
                ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hi Janne, Thnx. for posting your tank information here. For your situation, as Steve[GTR] mentioned it will take some time to deplete all your nutrients, both those that we can test & those not detectable by our hobbyist kits. You certainly have a heavy fishload for your size aquarium. For your system I recommend the following:

1)dose 3/4 ltr. carbon in a mesh-bag in your sump, passively, kneaded 3x's/wk & exchanged monthly.

2)dose 1 1/2 ltrs. zeolites in a zeo-filter with the flow rate of 600 l/h. Pump-clean the stones once or twice a day & cycle the filter on a timer at 3hrs intervals, "on" & "off". Change these out in 4wks. then post again, as all the quantities will change at that time.

3)dose 5 drops Bak & Food every other day for 2wks. then 5 drops each 2x's/wk. Turn off the skimmer for 60min after dosing these.

4)dose Start2 1ml 2x's/day daily. It is not necessary to turn off the skimmer after dosing just Start. Plz. do not use KW, or P04 removers with the ZEOvit method. Try to minimize fish-feedings to decrease the nutrient import into your reef. Bob
                  Last edited by Aged Salt; 08-15-2005, 09:02 PM.
                  "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi Bob, thnx for your advice. I have increased the dose of ZeoVit from 1 ltr. to 1,5 ltr. and increased the flow rate from 300 l/h to 600l/h. You hear from me again after 4 wks for a new advice.

/Janne

Comment

Good, Janne, we look forward to hearing from you. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, Bob

Comment

Hi. now have I change 1,5 liter ZeoVit, so far no problem. I can see some changes to the better on my corals. This corals has gone from browngreen to this.

and a full picture

Shall I stay to the old dose or do you have a new advice?

/Janne

Comment

Hi Janne, thnx. for the update. If you are not developing a thick, brown film on your panes daily, then continue with the same schedule. If you are needing to clean the panes more than twice a week, or if you are developing slimey desposits on your live rock/sand, then decrease Bak/Food/Start2 quantities by 25-50%, but using the same dosing frequency schedules. Bob

Comment

Janne, im hosting your pics for you

Hi. now have I change 1,5 liter ZeoVit, so far no problem. I can see some changes to the better on my corals. This corals has gone from browngreen to this.

and a full picture

Shall I stay to the old dose or do you have a new advice?

/Janne
                            Great tank!

Cheers
                            Josh
                            System: 430ltr SPS ZEOvit system, Balling Method (Growtech), BubbleKing200, Profilux with LAN and Salinity
                            Lighting: Dimmbar 54w T5: D&D and KZ mixture.
                            Flow: Tunze 6060, Iwaki MX70 CL + penductors
                            BlauRiff

"I love the smell of Napalm in the morning"

Comment

Thnx. Josh

WOW, Janne, very realistic-looking reefscape Do you know how much LR is pictured here? Thnx. Bob

Comment

Working...
                              X