OMG Disaster!!!I dont know what to do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG Disaster!!!I dont know what to do

Well friday i left to go down to Delaware to my family re union. UEverything was great having a amazing time like every year. Then I wake up this morning and get a call from my dad. Nicholas i think you need to come home ASAP. I ask why, he says your room smells like raw sewage and your tank is all cloudy. Plus my skimmer pump and return pump were not working. So i race home get home in 2 1/2 hours to find my 125g SPS tank has CRASHED!!!!! i lost everything my rainbow monti superman monti purple monster my leng sy you name it i had it ALL GONE my anthias dead, tangs DEAD, everything perished. I must of lost about $4,000 in hard to get and regular SPS's including my micros and acans and rics. I was just getting ready to set up a new 180g tank but now i dont know if I wanna how do i come up with the money again to buy my corals again ? Im missrable right now
    Nick
    Nick
    180G SPS Mainly
    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
    Calcium Reactor
    3 Tunze 6105's
    Profilux Controller
    ATB Return w/ wavysea
    ATB M External Skimmer

why did your tank crash ?

Comment

Originally posted by nyfireman3097
      Well friday i left to go down to Delaware to my family re union. UEverything was great having a amazing time like every year. Then I wake up this morning and get a call from my dad. Nicholas i think you need to come home ASAP. I ask why, he says your room smells like raw sewage and your tank is all cloudy. Plus my skimmer pump and return pump were not working. So i race home get home in 2 1/2 hours to find my 125g SPS tank has CRASHED!!!!! i lost everything my rainbow monti superman monti purple monster my leng sy you name it i had it ALL GONE my anthias dead, tangs DEAD, everything perished. I must of lost about $4,000 in hard to get and regular SPS's including my micros and acans and rics. I was just getting ready to set up a new 180g tank but now i dont know if I wanna how do i come up with the money again to buy my corals again ? Im missrable right now
      Nick

Nick sorry to hear this my friend. I had this happen to me one time as well. I lost approx 500 pieces of Acros. So I can feel for you bro! Hang in there, you will get those pieces again, we are fellow zeoheads on here. When my pm grows up I will give you a piece to replace the one you lost my friend. I know that doesnt make up for all you lost, but hey 1 at a time is all it takes bro. Keep you head up, and try to find out what happened.

scott

Comment

Hey nick dont worry! When you start back up, start up slow. No need to rush. And once you find out what the problem was, make sure you take care of it next time.. do you know what it was?

Comment

Same thing happened to me, I lost a fully stocked 75.

Like people have said before, take your time and work slowly, don't rush to restock your tank like some people do, make sure this time you have the best equipment. Right all the wrongs you may have made this time around.

Hell start by cleaning out the tank and taping it up, cook all your rock for 4-6 months while you save up money for new equipment or livestock.

Comment

TOTAL BUMMER!! Hang in there dude. First things first. Why did your tank crash? Once you figure that out, figure out how to avoid that problem. Then remember, you've got friends in the zeoworld...
            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
            BK400ext
            RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
            MRC kalkmixer
            IKS

Comment

I'd like to know why it crashed too!!!! With you mentioning the pumps being off, was it some type of electrical issue?
              We're here for ya (even tho you're a hoser!)
              T.J.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Comment

ohh,man sorry to hear that. i feel ur pain. first time i lost my tank when we had power problem for 24 hrs , then my "oceanic"....now i am back with a new tank and very happy.
                take ur time for new set up..no rush... if u need any help let me know,i am just a cross the bridge...
                i hope u will find the problem. let us know ,please..

mike

Comment

So sorry to hear that for you Nick. What a bummer! I have also been there myself thanks to a sand bed in the refugium. I lost alot of very hard to replace pieces also. But you'll get them all back in time. I was very dishearted on the loss. But hung in there. Hope you find out what happened and can try to be sure it doesn't happen again.

Comment

sorry man
                    that sucks ,happened to me lost all my fish and sps 3 yrs ago when i was in vegas ,my power went out ,doesnt take long when you are stocked like i was lost about 15 grand worth of live stock ,i drove home from vegas in 2 hrs 45 mins where normally it would take me 4-4.5 hrs I managed to save all my lps .......... now i have 600 lbs of battery backup with a smartcard that will call meon my cell ph every 5 mins telling me power is out ,and it will run my 400 gal system for 24 straight hrs
                    u had to have had a outage of some sort ,i bet if you open up all your outlets one of them is coroded ,or a surge box is bad ,or one of your pumps is grounding out in your sump or your power went out , the easy way to tell is hook up a amp meter to your pumps that went off ,see if 1 of them is really high amps ,ive seen alot of rios do this .I went to smart home .com and i bought a cool meter you plug into the wall then you plug your device into it ,it will tell you everything ....very cool
                    www.reeftecdesigns.com

Comment

Wow... big time bummer dude. My first suspect would be an over anxious heater.

Ted

Comment

Oh Nicki, so sorry to here about your lost.

Hope you soon feel better !

G.Alexander

Comment

That really sucks. incidents like these make us all aware how vulnerable most of our systems are to electrical outages etc etc.. Im worried now.
                          Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Hey Nicki, really sorry to hear abt your lost, hopefully you find out the cause and do the counter measures in future.

Comment

Nick, I do not know what to say. This totally sucks and I am feeling for you big time.. I am leaving for a couple days wednesday for some golf and damn now I am worried... Let us all know what the culprit was to prevent future acidents.

Peace and hang in there bro, Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X