Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diluting start 2

how many of u guys diluting start 2?.
    i do use eheim dosing pump and i have to dilute start 2 with ro water.
    just wanna make sure if its safe for this type of bacteria.

mike

I am also using the Eheim Liquidoser and have to dilute Start2. I have diluted it 50% so that I can use three cycles with an effective dosage of .5ml per cycle to get to my 1.5ml per day.

Mike

Comment

thankx mike,
      i am doing 4 cycles, that gives me a 8 ml total of diluting solution.
      i have 56 ml of start 2 and 28 ml of ro water,this is my weekly dosage

mike

Comment

Hi Mike, that doesn't sound correct. How much are you wanting to dose of Start2 per day? How much liquid will each dose container hold? Thnx. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

hi bob,
          this container holds 80 ml of liquid..this numbers is based what we figure it out...
          do u think i dose a lot?

mike

Comment

The Liquidoser doses 1 ml per rotation with up to 8 rotations per 24 hr. period.

SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Mike, remember, we need to figure what your weekly amount of Start2 will used used. For example, if you want 1ml. Start2 dosed per day then you will use 7ml Start2 to 73ml water to give you a total of 80ml liquid/wk. Bob

Comment

i guess i was wrong((
                i have 140 g total water value..so i need 1,4 ml per day..is this sound right?

mike

Comment

bob,
                  do u think maybe 1 ml per day of start should be enough ?

mike

Comment

And also, why are the recommendations made in this forum so different (far more conservative) than the recommendations made by the manufacturere?

Ted

Comment

Check this thread fro ZEOstart2 dosing.
                      http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1633

SteveU
                      “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                      ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

steve,
                        based on this recomendation i need to dose about 3.2 ml per day and 22.4 ml per week

mike

Comment

Mike, then add RODI water to 22.5 ml of Start2 to make up to 80ml for your personal concentration of Start2 for your doser. If you notice OD signs just dilute this again by 50%. You will not lose any corals with ZS2, assuming your tank is stable. Bob

Comment

Bob - Which Mike were you referring to? Ha ha

I may have been wrong in my above post as I might have been thinking of my Start 1 dosage routine.

I need to go back and look at my bottles to see if I actually diluted the Start 2. I write on the bottles what I do with them so it is easy enough.

I just set it up as Bob suggested (I will need to go back and look at my post-it) for my dosage. I think he suggested to me to add 1.4ml twice daily for my 500 net gallon system. I think I have it set to go off three times a day with a 50" dilution now that I think about it which gives me 1.5ml per day. The tank is doing great so I haven't fiddled around with anything in a while.

Mike

Comment

vegasmike,
                              i think bob was refering to my dosing))

bob,
                              u definatlly right,i have to look if if i notice any sighs of overdose..
                              i just tested po4...hanna shows 0,05..its ok...i just running this system for only 3 weeks and 2 weeks of zeo...

mike

Comment

Working...
                              X