frag grow-out/stock tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frag grow-out/stock tank

I have a small internet business that is starting to grow. I need more room to hold stock and frags. I'd like to set it up using ZEOvit, but I'm not quite sure how. Tell me how this would work.
    If I set up a reefready tank w/out lr and put a skimmer, cal reactor, and ZEOvit, will that be enough to maintain the tank? I'm wanting to put eggcrate stairstepped throughout the tank for optimum space. Any help would be appreciated.

It will work without live rock but I suggest using "some" just for added filtration. Just put the live rock under the eggcrate or in the sump

Comment

I figured I'd probably have to use some lr. But this is one thing I was thinking about doing- buying one of those 100+ gallon tubs from a Tractor Supply, filling the base up w/lr, adding eggcrate 10" below the surface of the water w/a sump of course w/ZEOvit, cal reactor, and skimmer. Will the lr get enough light or does it need light? The eggcrate and corals will be above it.

Comment

does not need light at all..... since you do NOT need macro algae witht he zeo system!

you will be very happy!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

that sounds like a good plan. You don't need light on it. The bacteria don't mind

Comment

I would put the LR in the sump so that you can do siphoning of the detritus that the rocks shed without disturbing the Frags at the grow-out tank
            Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

LR in the sump is the way to go!
              400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Working...
              X