I have decided to cut back on my zeo dosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have decided to cut back on my zeo dosing

I have been dosing my zeovit on the same schedule now for about 2 months on my 40 gallon tank and have relized that I am just dosing way too much and have been seeing overdosing signs and need to make a change (green glass and brown algae blooms also on the glass). I have been dosing with zeovit in total now for almost 8 months. After talking to Greg (Greg65) I have worked out a new schedule with him that I am going to try and then adjust as needed. Here is what I was dosing before and now what I am going to be dosing.

Zeostart1:

Was: 4ml a day first 2 weeks, 2ml next 6 weeks

Now: 4ml twice a week for all 6 weeks

Zeofood:

Was: 2 drops everyother day first 2 weeks, 2 drops twice a week next 4 weeks.

Now: 1 drop everyother day first 2 weeks, 1 drop twice a week next 4 weeks

Zeobac:

Was: 2 drops everyother day first 2 weeks, 2 drops twice a week next 4 weeks.

Now: 1 drop everyother day first 2 weeks, 1 drop twice a week next 4 weeks

Zeo Iodide:

Was: 1 drop three times a week

Now: 1 drop once a week

Zeo Iron:

Was: 1 drop three times a week

Now: 1 drop once a week

Zeo Amino Acids:

Was: 1 drop once a day

Now: 1 drop every 3 days

MacroElements and Zeospur2 are not changing.

I am cutting back because of the overdosing signs but also because the last time I dosed zeospur2 I saw no results and that is the first time that has happened. I am thinking because I am overdosing it is adding too many nutrients into the water and therefore the zeospur2 is not working. Instead of lowering my nutrients, by me overdosing I am actually adding to them. Hopefully by me cutting back my nutrient count will drop again and the zeospur2 will work again and the overdosing signs will cease.
    Last edited by Brad Villeggiante; 07-29-2005, 02:38 AM.
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

You were definately overdosing before. I think you will be amazed at the improvements you see with this new schedule.

Comment

Yeah, looking at what I was doing before I really wonder what I was thinking?

Comment

Hey Madison,

I just switched from my Ushio bulb to a 10K XM and just added more actinic Vho's. Are you still liking your 10K XM or did you switch?

Comment

I switched back to my DE pendant because I had to give up that Photon fixture that I had when you were here. I really liked the color of the bulb and the color the corals were under it. However, I had really really bad dinoflagellates then I switched bulbs and the dino's went away. I thought it had something to do w/ my RO unit, or ZEO finally getting a hold of the nutrients, skimmer etc. Then I read on RC that other people had experienced the same thing and once they switched bulbs, the dino's went away. I would guess that some combination with the individual tank chemistry and something with this bulb produce dino's since so many other people use them with no problems.

Comment

That's funny, I've been thinking I need to do the same thing. . .

I'm on my fourth set of Zeolits, so I guess that means I've been on the program for about 6 months. When I started, I estimated total system volume to be about 100 gallons, and my regimen has always been 1/2 liter stones, 2 drops bac, 2 drops food, and 1ml start1, with the bac/food being dosed twice a week after stone change and start1 dosed daily.

About 2-3 months ago I increased my sump size to a 40 gal breeder, getting rid of the M-mud in the process so now I have an estimated 120 gallon volume.

Recently (for the last 1-2 months) I've had a recurrence of macro in the display (halimeda and caulerpa) along with some reddish algae that looks like red fibers. I'm sure this is related to my dosing as all my organics are immeasureable. In addition, I switched to start2 about a month ago.

Any suggestions? I have a stone changeout coming up in 2 weeks. . .

Comment

*edit* misread the post - sorry
              Last edited by tonkadawg; 07-29-2005, 12:45 PM.
              --Matt

Comment

Catastrofe, I would post a new thread asking Aged Salt what he thinks. I am also experiencing that red algae and it started about 3 weeks ago. Hopefully me cutting back will get rid of it, it isn't that bad yet but I don't want it to get any worse.

Comment

Working...
                X