Need Dosing for stage 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Dosing for stage 2

I am changing the rocks today which is at the one month mark. I was dosing the following.

1.0ml Start 2 - Daily
    4 drops of bak - Daily
    4 drops of food - Daily

Thanks

Hi Jim, thnx. for posting; can your repeat your total net vol. of your system, your current N03's/P04's & if you're having any problems, Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

I just changed the rocks and left a small layer of the old rocks to seed the new ones.

120G w/ 55g sump.

My estimate would be 100g total water volume.

There are a few problems that I see as of right now.

(1) Still seem to be having a algae issue (Macro & Green Turf stuff)

(2) Little to no growth

The PO4 & NO3 both are undetectable with my salifert tests. It also read 0 before I started Zeo but have doubts about the readings because of the algae I still get.

Jim

Comment

Thnx. again, Jim. Algae growth may take some time yet, but as I mentioned previously,stay the course For your first exchange:

1)dose 1 ltr.zeolites/@ 100gph. Cycle the zeo-filter.The exchange period now will be 6 wks.
        2)dose 1 Cup carbon
        3)dose 2 drops bak/food7 daily for 3 days, then 2 drops each 3x's/wk for the remainder of the cycle-period. Skimmer off for 60min after dosing.
        4)dose .25ml Start2 2x's/day daily
        5)dose 2 drops AAHC daily. If you do not have this yet, plz. order same as this will help with coral growth/color & p-e.

Ask any questions as they come up, Bob

Comment

Thanks Bob.....

I think I got it! I purchased the AACH from Scott last week so I would be ready for this! Also can I start running the reactor 24/7?

Comment

Jim, yes, you can run your filter continously as your nutrients are low but cycling the filter another couple months will speed nutrient reduction along. Bob

Comment

Working...
            X