OK, Bob...almost ready

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, Bob...almost ready

after being on this board for a few months, its almost time for me to start zeo

about the system:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.): ~75 gallon prop system
    2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) 60 gallons
    3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique for now, b-ionic
    4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) no
    5. Are you using Ozone no
    6. Are you using UV no
    7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) AP702
    8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels N/A, the tank isnt up yet. i plan to use zeo from day 1
    9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels see above
    10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) BB with LR
    11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) 250w XM 10k SE, 250w Phoenix
    12. What corals do you keep it will be for SPS
    13. Tissue color (light or dark) N/A
    14. How long has the tank been running N/A... see above
    15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system mmm...
    16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) N/A
    17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) 45 lbs...all new, already cured/cooked
    18. Any present problems yes, i dont have any rare corals
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) N/A
    20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) salifert
    21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) N/A
    22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) N/A

so, whaat do the zeo gurus say?

TIA

oh, and where should i get my zeo-stuffs. im in socal

Comment

Socal get them from Madison. http://pieceofreef.com/

Peace, Jeff

Comment

Hi Tim, well it's good to hear that you will begin the method BTW, nice skimmer for your system.. With a new reef & fully-cured LR you should do well. Accordingly, your recommendations :

1) If you have not kept SPS before, much of your success or failure will be in stable[or unstable] parameters, including water salinity & temp.
        2)dose 1/2 Cup carbon in a filter sock passively in your sump, kneaded 3x's/wk & changed monthly.
        3)dose 1/2 ltr. zeolites with a flow rate of 50gph. A little more or less is fine. Pump-clean these stones daily, cycle on & off at 3 hr. intervals & change-out in 4 wks. on the first cycle-period. Thereafter the cycle-period is 6 wks.
        4)dose 2 drops Bak every other day[not daily as your tank is clean] for 14 days then 2 drops 2x's/wk.
        5)dose 1 drop Food7 every other day for 2 wks. then 2x's/wk.
        6)dose .1ml Start2 2x's/day daily.

Tim, for awhile, no other supplements are necessary. I believe Madison & Eric are the S.C. ZEO-dealers. Questions? Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

thank you Bob!

cant wait to get started

wish me luck!

Comment

oh, does it matter what time and where i dose the zeos? i should turn the skimmer off for a little right?

Comment

Jonah, it is best to turn the skimmer off for 60min after dosing Food and Bak, and the best place to dose is before the intake pump of the zeo reactor.
              As far as i know time is not a big issue.

Comment

p.s don't forget that when you dose food and bak that your ZEO reactor should be in the on cycle.

Comment

thanks! i didnt know that

Comment

what do you guys drop your zeobak with? 1/2 liter is roughly two cups right?

TIA

Comment

ZEObak, i think you mean ZEOvit media right? Just work it out that one bag is a liter so you need half a bag.

Comment

hi bob

shouldnt it be 1 ml twice per day and not .1ml twice per day?

Comment

Jonah, Bob's saying .1ml twice per day.

Comment

ok, got it...

about the bak, how are you supposed to drip it? right now im using a salifert syringe. whats that little white thing under the yellow cap?

TIA

Comment

the salifert syringe will work fine. We do have droppers that screw onto the zeobac bottle. I think they are a buck or two. Just ask your dealer to get you one.

madison

Comment

Working...
                              X