Zeobak bottle slime?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeobak bottle slime?

I was just looking at my new bottle of Zeobak, and I noticed a layer of "slime"at the bottom of the bottle. I shook the bottle and I could see chunks of the stuff floating around in there, and the liquid became cloudy. Is this normal? I didn't detect any smells from the bottle, and the date sticker on the front says "Haltbar bis 08,2005". :icon_roll
    T.J.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

Hi TJ, the "fuzzy" lumps on the bottom are colony precititates which should be redissolved with shaking well. If it has no odor, it is an active solution that is fine to use. Just keep it refridgerated & shake well before dosing. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
      Hi TJ, the "fuzzy" lumps on the bottom are colony precititates which should be redissolved with shaking well. If it has no odor, it is an active solution that is fine to use. Just keep it refridgerated & shake well before dosing. Bob
      Hi Aged Salt, i 've zeobak ,3 month's old, but it has not odor. can i use it or i must buy another bottle? ah..... in italy many people have had problems with the zeovit system (sps death). the question is on zeostart2 ... Have you listen anything? by!
      Zeovit :blue:--HQI 150w/2x18 Actinic--Skimmer H&S F2000--

Comment

Hi Premnas, the ZeoBak with clumps is still active & good to use as long as there's not an odor present. I have not lose any SPS since using Start2. My coral loss occurrred in the first few weeks on ZEOvit, using Start1. Since then the ZEOvit guide has been written by Alexander **** which has helped tremendously. ZeoStart2 is very concentrated but can not cause coral death unless one uses it to excess, driving nutrients ultra-low, in essence starving the corals. This can only happen in late PhaseIII. This is not possible if one doses AAHC with Start2 in Phase III. Using AAHC is not necessary in Phase I or Phase II as there are enough nutrients available to the coral but too much so for the best coral color. Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
          Hi Premnas, the ZeoBak with clumps is still active & good to use as long as there's not an odor present. I have not lose any SPS since using Start2. My coral loss occurrred in the first few weeks on ZEOvit, using Start1. Since then the ZEOvit guide has been written by Alexander **** which has helped tremendously. ZeoStart2 is very concentrated but can not cause coral death unless one uses it to excess, driving nutrients ultra-low, in essence starving the corals. This can only happen in late PhaseIII. This is not possible if one doses AAHC with Start2 in Phase III. Using AAHC is not necessary in Phase I or Phase II as there are enough nutrients available to the coral but too much so for the best coral color. Bob
          Thanks Aged Salt! I 'd want ask an advice...in my tank (150 lt net) i am started from 3 month with zeovit... i measure 0,1 ml/day of start2, bak e food, 2 /week (1 drop) AAHC(korallen) (1 drop /day), AACH for LPS(0,5ml/day). filter zeolit flow is 200lt/h. my po4 is 0,06 (hanna) KH 6.5-7.5 , salinity 34%°. I've change zeolit one time. AM i in phase 3? (guide) My acropora sp. have change in color ,brown to beige with blue -green reflex, and change still.Tanks Aged Salt!

Comment

Premnas, you are doing well, indeed. You are in Phase II but approaching Phase III[Hanna ~.02]. It takes awhile for the "stored" nutrients within our system to be depleted[our rocks & sand], so I would not change your zeo-dosages as you will get there in a another couple of months. Watch for "neon" green algae deposits on our rocks or sand to be your warning to decrease your Start2 dosage by 50% quantity. If you develop "slime" or air-bubbles on your rocks then you will need to decrease your AAHC & LPS dosages to AAHC 1 drop every other day & AAHC-LPS to .25ml daily. These are just dosing excess signs that I've found to help in adjusting our doses. Bob

Comment

Hi Aged Salt,and thanks for your important advices! what do you mean about "neon "green algae? in my some rocks there are micro green algae ,and ,i don't told you that my fluid in the cup of skimmer is green ( the neck become dark after 1 day after cleaning).
              Davide

Comment

Hi Davide, what I've noticed with dosing too much Start2 is a bright green hair-like algae on my rocks. It has a brilliant green shine to it & is easily removed manually. Since it is completely different than Start1 in it's composition, there is not a problem with tissue-loss in our corals but too much Start2 also will "darken"[dull] our coral's color. Bob

Comment

Thanks Aged Salt!
                  Davide

Comment

po4

Hi Aged Salt. today, i 've measured the po4 with Hanna instrument, and the result is 1,1 ml/lt!!!!!!!!! Two day ago the result was o,o6 ! nothing is change in my tank conduct.... The zeovit filter go 3 hour on, 3 hour off ,from one month . iI have made two tests , and the result is 1,1.
                    Why the po4 go up? My dose of start2 is 0,1 ml/day (150lt net tank) The tank is one year old. In old time i make kalk wasser. Are there so many po4 in my tank? (i have removed the sand bottom one month ago)
                    Thanks! Davide

Comment

Hi Davide, if the Hanna readings are increasing, simply increase Start2 for a time until they're down to the previous level. If you are dosing Start2 .1ml per day, then increase Start2 to .1ml two times per day. Any questions? Bob

Comment

ok,thanks Aged Salt!

Comment

Davide, these strong PO4 changes are very uncommon in such a short period & I expect this is a measuring error. Your corals should respond very quick if PO4 is really that high and I am sure they can not stand it for a long period. If you do not notice any change in your corals, I expect you should make sure your measurement is correct, even if you have already done two tests.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks Alexander! Compliments for your beautifull tank! I 've seen your tank in the italian edition " coralli"!
                            Davide

Comment

Thanks Davide, I can only recommend to observe the corals and listen to them when you get a test reading. If they look good, it is necessary to crosscheck the test.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X