Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALL SET TO PLUNGE IN ZEOVIT SYSTEM!I NEED YOUR GUIDE PLS!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ALL SET TO PLUNGE IN ZEOVIT SYSTEM!I NEED YOUR GUIDE PLS!

Hello Everyone,

I have been reading a lot about zeovit lately and even visited my local dealer.
    I know that this is the solution to my current problem which is Hair Algae infestation. Of course this is not to say that zeovit was created for it but a very beneficial outcome of the system IMO. Your amazing coral coloration in your tank is needless to say the main reason why I got interested in giving the system a try.

Ok I'm going to test Zeovit in my 30gal tank(Parameter I'll post at a later date after measurement)I'm on my way to set-up a 150gal but I can't transfer the contents of my 30 with this problem.

I want to use Zeovit ASAP but I don't have a calcium reactor yet, Can I dose kalkwasser or 2 part for the moment.?

Attached is the current condition of my tank and it's getting worst.
    I'm planning to give photo updates as well while doing the process.I will also be doing postings on RF as that is where I stay.

Thanks to all the posting here I have learn a lot from most of them.

Joey

PS
    Oh!Yeah! I'm only on my 7th month into the reef aquarium hobby so I'm still green.I do have another 55gal though which faces a different problem but this will become a sump soon! More power to all!
    Attached Files

Welcome, Skipper J to our site & the ZEOvit method, Near the top of this forum plz. fill in the questionnaire sticky "tell us about your tank" so that zeo-dosing recommendations can be given. Thnx. & you will not believe your resultsBob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi Bob, Looks like I jump in too early too late for this thread ha! My apologised for not responding to your request of parameter as my schedule for transfering to a new house went on a fast forward mode. Ok I say too early because at the moment I'm still in the plumbing stage of my new 150gal tank however my intentions were to used it with the 30gal hair algae infested tank but I needed to knock it down for transfer so a bit too late for that.And the fact that there was no steady supply of zeovit products in HK made me skeptical to use it.

Ok!Lets move on.I got in touch with a dealer in Taiwan so no problem with the products side. Now in two weeks time I'll be done with the plumbing and within this week I'm ordering the Basic 4 from a Taiwan dealer so it should be here in time when the tank is ready. Now this is stage where I need everybody to guide me."The Beginning"(Ina's Reef)

Questions:

1. Is it good to use zeovit system during the beginning of the cycle period?
      Looks logical to me but I need confirmation from you experts.
      2. I have read in one of the threads that NO3 Rx as while as PO4 Rx
      is not necessary with the system.
      If Yes! Then I'll be able to use my acrylic tube intended for this purpose to make the Zeovit Rx

I'll be posting development of the tank in thread as well as in RF so hope you could join me in this journey.

Thanks Everyone!
      Joey
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Joey, ZEOvit will help speed your break-in cycle for your new reef. Before I transferred my live rock from my old tankto my new system, I cured it for 2 1/2 months, to eliminate the nutrients that had accumulated. This will help prevent hair algae from rearing it's ugly head in the coming months. In the interim, I just placed my corals in the new tank with the zeo-filter doing all the biological filtration. Bob
        Last edited by Aged Salt; 08-31-2005, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Good to know Bob!This will speed up stocking of my new tank.Corals in the old tanks are already stress out.I'll let you know when the tank is up and the product arrives!
          What about the NO3 and PO4 reactor is there still a need?Thanks!! Joey

Comment

no PO4 remover are used with zeo, since you keep asking if you should use it or not, i take it you didnt read the zeo guide, which you should do,

Comment

Hi Joey, as Heinz has mentioned, P04 & N03 filters are not necessary with ZEOvit as the method used correctly, will lower all your nutrients to undetectable levels. Also one does not use resins or KW. You can maintain natural seawater parameters by using either a Ca Rx or 2- part solutions, Bob

BTW, what a beautiful daughter

Comment

Heinz,Bob, Thanks!Looks like I have alot of re-reading to do.Oh well this makes the hobby interesting.I'll keep you posted!Have a good day!
                Joey

Comment

Originally posted by Skipper J
                  Heinz,Bob, Thanks!Looks like I have alot of re-reading to do.Oh well this makes the hobby interesting.I'll keep you posted!Have a good day!
                  Joey
                  yes read up the manual and you will know what equipment to setup and how to run it

And welcome to zeovit club...
                  ---------------------------
                  180g 3 side Low Iron Glass, Lighting: ATI Power Module 10 x 80W KZ Coral Light (awiting for to mix with fiji purple), Return Pump: Red Dragon 12m3, Tunze WaveMaker:1x 6200, 3 x 6100 and 1 x 6060 + Multicontroller 7095, Bubble King 300 Internal, Deltec - PF 601S, Arctica Chiller 1/2HP, I~Zeo Reactor IZ-618

BK 300 in actionhttp://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...IDEO_00003.flv

Comment

HI! Keigo! Thanks! I'll get busy on it!

Comment

Working...
                    X