Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice

I will be at the three week mark on Friday. I am starting to notice that some of my already light / faded sps are getting even lighter. On Friday I switched from the daily dosage of start2,bak,food to twice a week of the bak & food. I still dose start2 daily.

I will be changing the zeovit a week from Friday which will be my 1 month mark. Is there something I can do to help color them up a bit?

Do you know your nitrate and phosphate levels?

How about lights and photo period?

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Try Dosing AAHC and also maybe add a another fish feeding a day. Thats if you have low PO4 levels and NO3. AS Steve mentioned also with the improved water quality and clarity you might have to dial the MH lights back an hr or 2 a day aswell..

Comment

Thats the issue. Even before I started using Zeo my tests (Salifert) always showed 0 NO3 and PO4. I am seeing very nice tip colors but some are fading in color.

My lighting consits of 2 ROIII 250w 14K Phoenix DE over my 120. The lights are on from 2pm - 10pm everyday.

Comment

Hi "fading" can meant coral dulling by either "lightening" in color or "darkening" in color. I recommend that you be patient & stay the course directed. Most likely, your nutrients are less than before but w/o a Hanna colorimeter, this is the more likely scenario. The other possibility is zeo-excess, though less likely at this point. If nothing else has changed in your husbandry, your LR & "sequestered" nutrients are leaching nutrients back into the waters. This will take some time to deplete. Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

I have a feeling my rocks are loaded with nutrients! I bought most of my rock from local reefers getting out of the hobby therefore I have no idea how old the rock is. I can tell you that even with my Salifert tests reading "0" I still had a bubble algae and small patches of macro in my display. They can only be there if there is excess nutrients in the water so I am sure either the algae was using all the excess nutrients which caused a 0 reading or the tests are just not that accurate.

I am considering dosing AAHC but want you thoughts on it before I start.

Thanks

Jim

Comment

Jim, let's wait on that until the middle of your next zeolite cycle, as AAHC really works well when the stored nutrients are further reduced. Plus, AAHC adds N2 back into your waters which you do not want at this time. Bob

Comment

Ok Bob....I just bought some so I will be ready when the time comes .

Thanks

Comment

Hi Jim, post up after a wk or 2 into the new zeolites with an update. Thnx. Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X