Frozen Oysters, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen Oysters, Anyone?

I've just started dosing DT's frozen oysters eggs in my reef tank. For those of you who have been using this food, can you tell me your impressions? Did it have any effect on your coral's color or growth? Any drawbacks?[excepting cost]Thnx. Bob
    Last edited by Aged Salt; 07-16-2005, 07:25 PM.
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Do you mean DT's Reef Diet Oyster Eggs???

Comment

Hi Nick, yes, sorry about the deletion which I edited in my original post, thnx. Bob

Comment

Bob, I think Gordon (North Bay 101) is using the oyster eggs and loves them. I have been wanting to try them as well.

Comment

I think they spoiled on me and smell HORRIBLE....the zoos in my office tank seemed to like it.
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

I use them since some weeks and I got the impression the corals look general “healthier”. I also observed better coloration – just a little bit, nothing dramatic. I add them twice a week while the pumps are all running directly over the corals.

The DT is very expensive over here. Their homepage says they are prepare a 1000 ml version. Anybody knows if it is already available ?

G.Alexander

Comment

How much does it run for a bottle?

Comment

Sean, it is a small capsule which contains 30 ml frozen oyster eggs. Over here it is ~ 34,00 EUR which is around 40,00 USD.

This is nothing to see a effect in a short time. I add about 1,5 ml twice a week.

Here you can find some additinal info:

http://www.dtplankton.com/oystereggs/main.html

G.Alexander

Comment

34 euro? That sounds really overpriced, it's only 13 pounds on Nick's site, about $25.

http://www.coralculture.co.uk/shop/p...roducts_id=532
                  400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Originally posted by moonpod
                    I think they spoiled on me and smell HORRIBLE....the zoos in my office tank seemed to like it.
                    Chuck, they need to be kept in the freezer.

Alexander, I paid $20 for the 30ml size from Premium Aquatics. Bob

Comment

Timo & Bob this is a little difference

I will try to get the big one while my next US visit.

G.Alexander

Comment

Alexander, Nick[coralculture] probably could send them in a stylofoam/dry ice container. I wonder if they thaw on transit then upon refreezing, would not spoil;maybe that's what happened to Chuck? Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
                          Alexander, Nick[coralculture] probably could send them in a stylofoam/dry ice container. I wonder if they thaw on transit then upon refreezing, would not spoil;maybe that's what happened to Chuck? Bob
                          Nick is calling DT tomorrow to ask just that on my behalf so we'll know soon enough
                          400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

no, no, no....I kept them in an office freezer and I don't think it was cold enough.
                            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                            BK400ext
                            RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                            MRC kalkmixer
                            IKS

Comment

Do you guys feel you really saw a difference with these though? Are they just for SPS or do softies like zoas and rics benefit?

I'm always interested in trying new things that will benefit my tank. As of right now I've only for a zoa/ric nano running while I acquire parts for my cube

Comment

Working...
                              X