3" Juvi Emperor Angelfish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" Juvi Emperor Angelfish

How safe is the Emperor angelfish with SPS as an adult, and a juvenile? By sps I mean acropora and montipora, and stylophora and pocillopora and seritopora. What about crocea clams with them? Thanks, Adam
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

I've had a Juv for several months with the corals you listed. My clams are in a different tank so I couldn't say. I think Bob's had success with his IIRC.
    SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hi Adam, over my 15yrs. of SPS keeping, I had 3 Imperators. I've never had one nip at a healthy SPS or clam. They will eat coral tissue from one that's RTN'ing. Now a blue sponge is a horse of a different colorBob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

is this for your 75? if so i think at 15 inches that fish is WAY to big for your tank! i think they need a 6 foot tank, and even then its cutting it short. also i woudl not put it in your 130 either.

as far as any large angels go its a CHANCE that you are taking some are better than others, look into the bellus, wantabie, or masked swallow tail, but they are still to big for your tank! i would say it a chance with any large angel, the better ones are the conspic (a alot of $$$), goldflake, emperor, blueline,

like on RC research and more research, look it up online to see the max size and then ask specific questions, adam the key to posting is asking specific questions and researching, not trying to be mean just trying to help you out, but its a 70/30 chance with emperors, BUT i would say that at 15" its WAY to big for your tank even then 130! i woudl stay away from the small angels too like the flame and coral beauty.

hope this helps some, but i would say no for your 75 or 130 as far as the emperor goes, if the 130 is going to be FOWLR then you could add a smaller angel but only one.

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

oh yeah if your SPS slime up i think the angel will be more tempted to go after it, maybe when you get a 180 or bigger try this angel. i really think it needs a 180 or bigger tank IMO.

Nick
          275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Originally posted by nbd13
            is this for your 75? if so i think at 15 inches that fish is WAY to big for your tank! i think they need a 6 foot tank, and even then its cutting it short. also i woudl not put it in your 130 either.

Nick
            Emp should go in nothing less then an 8ft tank unless its tall, even then 6' is the least. Really needs to be 200 gallons plus. They are built to swim and never sit still. Bob’s is awesome for sure, large, very healthy due to the fact there is little rock so he has nothing but room. Even if you buy him small they grow fast, and if you are like me once they are in your tank they become part of the family. Please go with a different Angle there are a lot of them out there to choose from.

scott

Comment

did I ever say this fish was for my 75, or my 130?
              Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

No but you friend did :P lol..

Comment

i figured since those were your only 2 tanks i didnt know. anyhow i am glad you arent putting it in your tank!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                  X