Deltec test kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deltec test kit

Anybody got an opinion on the Deltec phosphate kit?

Hi Alastair, I can't answer your question as I've never used the Deltec test for P04, but I marvel how well the Hanna operates & it's sensivity[-+.04 noise] & on multiple testing gives consistent results, ultimately allowing one to fine-tune the zeo-doses with pinpoint precision. My cost for the Hanna/100 tests+shipping was just under $200. Really, in Phase 3, the best money I've spent on my reef. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Deltec = Merck

good kits, easy to read
      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

I have used this test kit for a while but easy reading is IMO relative. It depends to your personal possibilities to do a exact reading. I had problems especially in the first two colours. This test kit is also offered by Rowa.

G.Alexander

Comment

Hmm.. OK I'll go Hanna

Comment

Alexander, is this the kit where you look through the top of two glass vials to compare the colors? (Merck Aquacant)
            400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

That's the one I'm talking about, anyway. I think if you've got a real good eye it may be easy to read, but I do recall a little difficulty being exact at the lower end when I saw one in use one time.
              Must be about as good as it can get without a colorimeter though.

Comment

Yes, I think they are very good test kits from what i hear. I don't know how easy they are to read/distinguish the color differences but supposedly they are easier to read than many of the more common test kits.

Comment

To me it's impossible to read color charts but with the Merck it's super easy. I think as far as reagant test kits go this is the best one, but it can't compete with the Hanna for readability and resolution of course. (especially if you're colorblind like Alexander :p)

Comment

Timo, yes it was the one with the two longer glass cylinders they are stuck in the black Styrofoam side by side. You move them above the colour scale. As much as I remember the first second colour satisfy 0,009 mg.

For me it was the key to compare 0,000 and 0,009 mg. I am sorry I really had problems in the first two colours but as I said this may depend to your eyes.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                    X