Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info about my tank

Here is the specs for my tank:

1. Gross water volume of your complete system (incl. sump etc.) = 38 gallons(US) Without Live Rock empty tank

2. Net water volume (incl. sump etc.) = About 35 gallons(US) with all the Live rock in it

3. Are you using a CaCO2 reactor or other technique = No im using B-Ionic 2 part calcium additive

4. Are you using a PO4 reactor (how long, how long ago, etc.) = Phosban reactor only about 2 months ago

5. Are you using Ozone = No

6. Are you using UV = only for 2 weeks i took out the uv filter not using it anymore

7. What skimmer are you using (type, rated water volume) = Pro ClearAquatics Systems Jacksonville FL 150 rated for up to 150 gallons(US) water volume of 475 gallons(US)

8. What are your actual PO4 and NO3 levels = PO4 0.5 ppm,NO3 <2 ppm

9. What are your actual Ca, Alk and Mg levels = Ca 400 ppm,Alk 8.3 dkh,Mg 1380 ppm

10. What filtration method do you use (refugium, DSB, Miracle Mud, etc.) = Used to have a refugium but I took it out and left the skimmer only and activated carbon (CHEMI PURE)

11. Type of light (Watt, color temp, how old, etc.) = 250 watt 10k Ushio SE MH about 10 months old

12. What corals do you keep = Mostly SPS,1 LPS,1 crocea clam,1 open brain and 2 softies

13. Tissue color (light or dark) = medium dark

14. How long has the tank been running = The tank has been running for almost 9 months now

15. Why do you want to use the ZEOvit system = I want to achieve the best colors possible for the corals and the well being of them and try to replicate their natural conditions found in nature as closely as possible

16. Any supplemental dosing (type, amount, why, etc.) = Reef Complete from seachem

17. Live rock (how much, how old, etc.) = About 50 pounds of live rock about 9 months old also

18. Any present problems = Brown algae on the glass and some on the sand
    19. Problem description (tissue loss tips, tissue loss base, diatom bloom, algae, etc.) = Yes only the algae problem so far

20. What test kit do you use (how old, recently switched, etc.) = Always used salifert about 4 months old are the test kits

21. Present dosing, amounts and intervals (ZEOvit, ZEObak, ZEOfood, ZEOstart, ZEOspur2, etc.) = Not yet I haven’t received my order

22. Other water parameters and water stability (salinity, temp, etc.) = Salinity is at 1.024,Temp is at 78-77 F controlled by a 1/4 hp resun cl-650 chiller,PH 8.2 my tank is a 30 gallon(US)

If you need any more info just ask and i havent received the system as of yet im expecting to receive the order tomorrow 07/06/05 or 07/07/05.

Thanks for your help
    Nestor
    Last edited by coqui1pr; 07-06-2005, 01:00 AM.

Hi Nestor, you're system appears to be one where ZEOvit will definitely help Be sure to read the ZEOvit guide & use no other additives from the basic 4. For your system, I recommend:
    1)dosing 1/3 Cup carbon in a filter bag, passively, in your sump. Knead this carbon bag 3 x's/wk & change monthly.
    2)dose 1/3ltr. zeolite in a canister filter with 3hr. cycling on & off. Pump clean these stones once or twice a day. Operate the zeo-filter at a flow rate of 30gph. A little more or less is fine. Exchange these zeolites in 4wks on the first cycle, thereafter, the time-period extends to 6wk cycles for the stone exchange.
    3)dose 1 drop bak/food daily for 2wks. then 1 drop each 2x's/wk. Turn off your skimmer for 60min. after dosing bak/food. dose these near the intake pump of the zeo-filter.
    4)dose 3 drops Start2 2x's/day daily. It is not necessary to turn off your skimmer when just dosing Start2. Ask questions if you have them. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Hi thanks for the info and i have the phosban reactor that's where i'll put the zeolite rocks and what do you mean by 3 hour cycle on off for the zeolite rocks and what does it do to the rocks?

Nestor

Comment

It creates a change from aerobic (pump is running) to anaerobic (pump is switched off) and back again.

In the changing period the hosted bacteria are able to convert nutrients.

This is recommended in the first and second stage. In the third stage it is not needed, because nutrients are already poor.

G.Alexander

Comment

Thanks Bob and Alexander i received the basic 4 system today 07/07/2005 and put it to work right away let's see how it goes wish me luck.

Thanks for all
          Nestor
          Last edited by coqui1pr; 07-07-2005, 11:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X