Singapore Reef Club - Low nutrient/Zeovit Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singapore Reef Club - Low nutrient/Zeovit Discussion

Hi Guys, I am not crystal clear on how the various parts of zeovit works in attaining a low nutrient environment while having very healthy SPS corals etc etc. Can you guys help to fill in the details that I have not covered pls?

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...0&#entry345198

Thanks Much!
    Btw, Im Alfaromeo in that thread
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Sorry, but i get this error:

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

You do not have permission to view this topic

Comment

Hi fkadir,

In these old RC threads there is some discussion as to the "nuts and bolts" of how the system may work.

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...5&pagenumber=1

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...hreadid=133912

Best of luck to you.

Mark
      3_high_low on RC.

Comment

Maybe you can try this link instead:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/inde...howtopic=28643
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Farish, I can get to the link now. Wow! I love your input on that thread. Good job! This is exactly how I feel quoted from Andysho:

-----------------
          so call zeovit~~ have lose some sps~~~ To use this zeovit, one needs patience and the exact amount of dosage into the reef tank~~ any overdose can cause loss of tissue.
          Some oversea reefers hates this product to extreme while some love
          it to the extreme

The main key to this zeovit is to let sps get used to it slowly~ if one bring
          down the nutrient too fast~~ sps will suffer loss of tissue
          -----------------

I also wanted to state that i used ROWA adn it wasnt for me. Killed a lot of corals and frags.

Comment

farish, and by the way.. I tried registering on that board, but you had to get admin approved first since i read some people were giving trouble. never got that approval.

Comment

[QUOTE=fkadir]Hi Guys, I am not crystal clear on how the various parts of zeovit works in attaining a low nutrient environment while having very healthy SPS corals etc etc.

LOL, well Farish, join the crowd Suffice it to say a theory has it that when marked changes occur in water chemistry & nutrient availability, time must transpire in order for corals to adapt to a alternate energy source, ie. less photosynthetic by-products can be used by the coral as the zoox. density is diminished, while concomittantly, this allows the coral to outcompete the zoox. for available elements used in coral color & growth Bob
              "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob, can i quote you on that in SRC?

Edward, will give the admins a heads-up on your attempt to register.
                Farish

Comment

The owner of that board is Achilles (on RC). You could always PM him there, Invinc.

Remember his Tank of the Month?
                  Skip Attix
                  Editor - Reefkeeping Magazine

Comment

Farish, sure. Just remember I don't have references as this is a theory but fits the practical situation that we see in our reefs with ZEOvit. Bob
                    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Skipper, thanks!! Yes I do. I knew that was Conrads tank and saw him as an admin. I didnt realize though that his name was achilles on RC though. I already got a confirmation email that I was approved. Thanks guys!

Comment

Edward, pls dunt tempt us in SRC with the lovely shots of your corals too much.. We might become really envious and start saying that your corals are fake!
                        Farish

Comment

Working...
                        X