What do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need?

Ok I started my 5.5 SPS tank today. I will be using a Phosban reactor until I make a DIY reactor for the tank. Now the Question is what products do I need to start Zeo? I know i will need Start & Bak, but whatelse will I need?

Here is the rundown of the tank:
    5.5 AGA tank (16X8X10H)
    Aquaclear 300 for carbon
    1-70 Watt 20K HQI
    2-13 Watt PC atinics
    2-Rio 50 powerheads if needed
    10lbs. Liverock
    5lbs. Livesand

Thanks for the help
    Kevin

You need what's called the "basic 4". That's zeovit rock, start, bac, and zeofood, get the smallest quantity of each it will last you a long time.
    For you, I suspect that instead of getting a zeovit reactor, you may be able to get away with putting the zeorock in your phosphate reactor, (Take out the phosphate media first of course). Turn it upside down and back a few times each day to "stir" the rock.
    I'll let somebody else advise on dosing rates, your tank is really very small compared to average I'm not quite sure on that one.
    On a seperate note, I see your lighting is all 20k and actinic. While this may look great, it is not nessecarily the best for corals. They will do better with at least some 10,000k light also, or instead of.

Comment

Hi Kevin, for your system, I would use the zeolites in a mesh-bag, passively, in the Aquaclear, & knead them once or twice a day.One can use the PB reactor but the flow would be 120ml/min[just enough for a steady water stream] Same with carbon, just knead it every other day but daily is fine also. Place these in seperate filter-socks.
      1)dose 25 zeolites of various sizes in your Aquaclear. Exchange them in 4 wks.
      2) dose 2 Tablespoons of carbon in a filter sock in the Aquaclear. Exchange this monthly
      3)dose bak/Food 1 drop every other day for 3x's[1wk], then 1 drop each 2x's/wk.
      4)dose 1 drop Start2 daily for 1wk. then 1 drop 3x's/wk[every other day] Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Originally posted by Aged Salt
        Hi Kevin, for your system, I would use the zeolites in a mesh-bag, passively, in the Aquaclear, & knead them once or twice a day.One can use the PB reactor but the flow would be 120ml/min[just enough for a steady water stream] Same with carbon, just knead it every other day but daily is fine also. Place these in seperate filter-socks.
        1)dose 25 zeolites of various sizes in your Aquaclear. Exchange them in 4 wks.
        2) dose 2 Tablespoons of carbon in a filter sock in the Aquaclear. Exchange this monthly
        3)dose bak/Food 1 drop every other day for 3x's[1wk], then 1 drop each 2x's/wk.
        4)dose 1 drop Start2 daily for 1wk. then 1 drop 3x's/wk[every other day] Bob
        Thank god for Bob.. Great instructions Bob!

Comment

Bob you are my hero what would I do without you thanks so forget the PB reactor and use my aquaclear instead I hear that. LOL. Now I just need to get all the supplies.

Thanks
          Kevin

P.S. Will post pictures soon

Comment

Originally posted by reeftreasures
            Bob you are my hero what would I do without you thanks so forget the PB reactor and use my aquaclear instead I hear that. LOL. Now I just need to get all the supplies.

Thanks
            Kevin

P.S. Will post pictures soon
            good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of ZEOvit

Comment

Working...
            X