Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I get rid of green star polyps, would this work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get rid of green star polyps, would this work?

I am cleaning house today of all my softies (except for my purple gorgonia) so I can have more room for SPS. I have some unwanted star polyps and cannot peal them off the rock. I was thinking of taking my frogspawn and rubbing it on the star polps to see if it would kill them. Anyone have any suggestions on how to get rid of these things?
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Brad I have been useing a high mixture of kalk and water and takeing a suringe and injecting them a slow procces. I will be watching to see if anyone has a better way to get rid of them. Brian

Comment

I've recently been using boiling water in a turkey baster to remove undesireables, a slow process but will get you there over time.
      Lesson too late, but for star polyps, I would never let them get away in a tank, I've got some confined to one rock that I can remove & trim if need be so they won't spread.

Comment

Actually, another thought if it is possible to cover them with something they may eventually expire from lack of light.

Comment

Hi Wasp and Brad,
          I have been going through the same thing. I have been pulling the rock out and scrapping it with a plastis butter knife. Again its a slow process but the seem to be slowing down. This is the only plague I have had in my tank.

Comment

Hi Purplereef, you must be a pretty clever guy to do it with a butterknife, I've tried scraping it off rock with a knife and just couldn't do it, too ingrained into the rock. Perhaps it depends what kind of rock it is, how porous, etc?

Comment

i heard taking a wire brush to them in an external bucket of salt water will work.

Comment

Also you can cover them with a piece of corraline colored epoxy...

Comment

Working...
                X