Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60g Cube Project--Photo journal Thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60g Cube Project--Photo journal Thread!!!

Ok guys its officially begun. In light to all of those documenting monster tanks in the process I decided to document my new tank setup, a 24" cube, from start to completion.

All livestock will be transferred from my 55g, as well as most of my rock. All equipment will be the same except for the lighting.

Tank:

Tank is being fabricated locally by a buddy of mine out of Acrylic 24"x24"x24". It should be done by ther end of this week.

Lighting:

Going from a tank that is 4ft long to 2 ft long, I decided to ditch my current lighing setup of 2x150w MH and 2x54w T% blue+. These will be placed in storage for a frag tank that I am sure I will setup in the future. They will be replaced by a single 400w EVC 14k MH on a Sun Agro 400w HQI ballast. This lighting will be more than sufficient which is what I want, with the 150w's growth was just way too slow

Flow

Flow for now will be accomplished with 2 Seio 820's and a whimpy mag 5 through a scwd for my return. That mag5 will be replaced with a Panworld ext pump through the scwd with penductors as soon as more funds become available.

Stand

Stand will be DIY completly built by yours truly. I built the framework for the stand today. Here are some pics:

Im going to skin the stand, apply mouldings, and finish it by the end of this week, Hopfully

More pics to come
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Sean, Looking foreword to seeing your progression of this tank.. Good luck its going to be awesome for sure... Also looking foreword to seeing that evc14k on an HQI...

Comment

Sean, if efficiency is your goal, have you considered running a single 250 Watt 10K with supplemental T5. IMO, it's enough intensity for a 24" deep tank and will give you more options (e.g. sunrise/sunset, etc.). Have you compared the PAR you are getting from the 400W 14K vs. a 250W 10K?
      Last edited by Ger; 06-21-2005, 05:51 PM.
      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Gary, I understand that, if I had bought the new ballast I would have done that, but I am going this route because I was given a ballast and hood for free. I will prob add a coulple t5's or 1 VHO for dusk dawn down the road b/c I will only run the halide for 6hr tops. and I want to look at my tank longer
        Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Comment

Good plan, Sean.
          Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

Cool! Keep the pics coming!

Comment

Im going to be skinning the stand and applying moulding tomm. so there will be some pics up tomm
              Sean

Comment

Ok I skinned the stand today and applied crown moulding.

First Pic:

Second:

Third:

Stand Still needs a little more TLC before the first coat of stain. Should be finishished this weekend. As for the doors, For now im just going to use extra wood laying around for playwood doors. I used this method for doors on my last stand and I came out nice, so im sticking with it. I may add paneled doors in the future if I see fit.

If you look in the background of the first pic you can see my reflector hood and ballast just sitting there waiting patiently
                Last edited by Diesel3443; 06-23-2005, 07:33 PM.
                Sean

Comment

Sean it is looking great, can't wait to see some more finished pictures.
                  Brian

Comment

Wow you are quite the carpenter
                    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Sean, looking very nice indeed. How are you doing the doors? I have a cool way they did mine on my 240 and they would work great on that stand also I am sure...

Comment

Thanks guys for all your comments. Ok, here are some updated pics. Stand is now done Im very happy how it turned out. It matches my coffee and end tables in the living area perfectly

First:

Second:

Third:

Jeff Id love to see what you did for the doors Right now I just made plywood doors with extra wood I had left over They may be changed in the future but for now im happy with them.

Unfortunatly the tank is still not here hopefully by the end of next week.
                        Last edited by Diesel3443; 06-28-2005, 12:24 PM.
                        Sean

Comment

Sean, I will snap some pics at lunch today of my doors.. Very easy and convenient design.. It would be nothing to do them to your doors if you like the concept.. It will make it a little cleaner looking also...

Comment

Thanks Jeff.
                            Sean

Comment

Cool! Now get that tank up on there!

Comment

Working...
                              X