Alittle help w/fish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alittle help w/fish?

Well guys as you know i started to use ZEO tomorrow will be 1 week, anyway i am slowly starting to stock my tank, right now all i have is 4 corals and 2 small ocellaris clowns anyway i want to put up a fish list and see what you think,

2 cleaner shirmp
    2 ocellaris clowns
    1 flame fairy wrasse
    1 lineatus fairy wrasse
    1 labouti fairy wrasse
    1 regal angel (already know i have to find a HEALTHY eating one)
    1 goldflake angel or 1 blueline cant decide yet? anythoughts?
    1 blueline OR 1 emperor angel cant decide yet? anythoughts?
    1 mimic tang OR 1 orange shoudler tang, cant decide on the tang one

anyway what do you think? this is for a 180 SPS tank only nothing else but SPS and it have about 180-200 pounds of LR but very open lots of hiding places and caves.

what do you think? i think i may go with the mimic tang since it stays smaller, what do you think? i know its alot of angels, but i love them and i think i picked out some good ones for an SPS tank,

what do you think go with the blueline or emperor?

and whatd o you think go with the mimic tang or the orange shoudler?

any overall thoughts with the fish list?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

i guess i could throw in a chevron tang too that one gets 11, the mimic gets 9.8 and i think i am ruling out the orange shoulder too big, so its between the chevron and the mimic tang?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

ok well i have decided on the Mimic tang not the chevron so heres my list,

2 cleaner shirmp
      2 ocellaris clowns
      1 flame fairy wrasse
      1 lineatus fairy wrasse
      1 labouti fairy wrasse
      1 regal angel (already know i have to find a HEALTHY eating one)
      1 goldflake angel
      1 emperor angel OR Blueline angel?
      1 mimic tang

now what do you think about the angels the blueline or emperor? to many or should i be fine with the list?

any overall thoughts?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick, I like your list. A few suggestions--try to add another tang to the mimic--they're just good grazers. Add the Regal before the larger Angel if possible as they're shy at first--marineaquatics.com carries healthy, eating Regals as well as Bluelines, Emperators, etc. Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks Bob! so what tang do you recomend? there are so many out there its so hard to pick, i picked the mimic because i want to watch it change and it stays small.

So you think the 3 angels are going to be ok together? i think they will just want some more opinions.

I was goign to add them in the order that they appear on the list, what do you think? i might even add the goldflake and emperor or blueline at the same time, what do you think?

also which would you go with emperor or blueline?

and i am taking suggestions on another tang to add too.

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Nick, your choice on the tang, unless it's a clowntang--they'll bite the hell out of you In your system, I'd only add one of the larger Angels, either Emperator[my personal favorite] or Blue-line with the Regal, shallow-tail, Goldflake, etc. No pigmy's with SPS w/o caution & luck--they like to nip at SPS. Bob

Comment

ok thanks well i will have to look into the tangs again! oh man its going to be tough!

alright so you think i shoudl choose either the emperor, goldflake, or blueline to go with the regal, is there a reason behind this? i always thought that angel were not that agressive towards other angels? i guess i will have to narrow it down i love all 3 so much i just dont know!

i love the emperor and goldflake is barely seen and i think the blue mouth it so cool!

alright thanks Bob any other comments oh yeah do you think my tank is too small for a blonde naso or orange shoulder or desjardinii salfin, or even a chevron?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Nick, I really think you need a larger tankI currently have a shallow-tail, Regal, Conspic & Emperator w/o any problems. Remember the Goldflakes can become good size but they are beautiful, although not exactly hardy as Angels go I would team that with a Regal & a Emperator--possibly add the Emperator last, after all others are settled in. Bob

Comment

haha um.. a bigger tnak would be nice but its a coupel of years off my next tank will be a 300, but want this one to grow out nice first!

alright so you think just the regal and emperor will do it and then add another tang?

so you think the list shoudl go like this,

2 cleaner shirmp
                  2 ocellaris clowns
                  1 flame fairy wrasse
                  1 lineatus fairy wrasse
                  1 labouti fairy wrasse
                  1 regal angel
                  1 mimic tang
                  then one more tang in this spot?
                  1 emperor angel

the fish would be added in that order of course.

i think thats a perfect list what about you guys?

i dont know about which tang i love nasos, but they get 18" and thats HUGE! i think i need something smaller, i just dont knwo which one to go with? maybe a chevron?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Nick, looks like you'll shaking off the catcher again The Chevron/scopas would be a good tang--save the blond-Naso/streamers for the 300 Bob

Comment

haha yeah,

how about a red sea pruple tang? i heard they can be mean SOB sometimes, but they are so beautiful and i think it woudl compliant the mimic tang realy well along with the other fish, then again the chevron is a good choice too, i think its between the purple tang and the chevron, i think i might add the purple tang last if i choose that route and and the emperor second the last.

what do you think?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

LOL, those Purple-tangs do become large With the Angels[Read:Large] you'll be better off with a mimic & Chevron or scopas--I have a smoke scopas that is absolutely beautiful & functional at the same time. Are you blind yet Bob

Comment

haha i think i get the hint haha, but hey now the purple only gets tobe like 9.8 inches and the chevron gets to be like 11" and the scopas gets to be like 8" i think, do you have a pick, i have not seen a scopas in person only in books and the look kind of drab IMO? but then again i have never seen or heard of a smoked scopas? is there a difference in a regular scopas and a smoked scopas?

shoot me a pic, that woudl be great that way i could see the true beauty of it, haha!

anyway thanks for the help once again Bob!

Nick

Comment

LOL, yea I'm fencing with ya'. Nick, I don't do pix's but the contrast in fish colors is similar to that of SPS. Really, all these choices is making my head hurt & all are beautiful reef-fish. Just be careful not to overstock & drive your bioload too much. Bob

Comment

Yeah i was thinking that a BK 300 external will handle it should have it in about 1-2 months if everything goes as planned, madison if you are watchign i am working on the pics!

Bob- so do you think all these fish are too much? i know every tnak is different, but i mean the final list is this,

2 cleaner shirmp
                              2 ocellaris clowns
                              1 flame fairy wrasse
                              1 lineatus fairy wrasse
                              1 labouti fairy wrasse
                              1 regal angel
                              1 mimic tang
                              1 red sea purple tang or scopas tang
                              1 emperor angel

i think i should be alright. i know how you feel WAY to many choices out there!

thanks again for the help Bob!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X