Quick Help.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Help.....

Hey guys i am thinking about getting a regal tang today, BUT i want to know if it will eat my grape caulpera? i got a foxface LO and it is eating it but just kind of picking at it?

so what do you think will it eat it?

thanks!

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

hey man be careful... regals will also chomp on your corals and softies. my friend got one and couldnt stand it. very nice fish though! Its a hit and miss.

Comment

really?

i have never heard of this before?

what kind of corals? i just have SPS and 1 zoo frag to see if my angel will eat them.....

do you think it will eat the grape caulpera?

thanks!

Nick
      275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

ohh your remembering to back what your g/f said arent u?

anyhow...i have a regal in my 75 it is 100% safe IMO
        Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Yeah, plus i want to know if it will eat that STUPID grape caulerpa! its driving me nuts! and this foxface is just picking at it along with my blueface angel, but not fast enough.

so i thought a regal tang might work since its peaceful and wont bother my fairy wrasses.

anyway let me know what you think about it eating that stuff.

thanks!

Nick

Comment

I will never say any angel is 100% safe. I agree with edward, hit or mis. I also have the same prob nick, and I too just got a foxface to help,. Just remember its not going to be gone overnight. Still strive to reduce phospate, whether detectable or not with even a colometer if you have macro still growing its still there.
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

i think he's talking about a regal tang (hippo tang) not a regal angel

Comment

yep you are right a regal tang NOT an angel,

so do you think that the hippo tang will eat this stuff?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Nick, he may. You won't know for sure until you get him in your tank. I think it will also depend on what food alternatives are available for him (similar to putting a Bud light in front of me...I'd drink it, but if there is a good Hefeweizen available, I won't touch the Bud light:roll: ).
                  Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

JMO, my primary concern with hippo/regal tangs is the ol' ich magnet stereotype, b/c well, frankly, they like to ichify. That being said, I got a "school" of a bunch of micro midget hippos right now and they are mucho cool.
                    10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                    BK400ext
                    RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                    MRC kalkmixer
                    IKS

Comment

Thanks guys,

Chuck you little school kind of sparked my intrest again with these guys.

i have always liked them, but did not get them becasue of my tank size.

but since i am upgrading i figure i have enough room.

anyway its between one of these regal tangs or maybe a mimic tang.

its a toss up.

thanks guys!

Nick

Comment

oh yeah i forgot to ask Chuck, what are they eating? do you see them picking at the rocks at all?

what do yo uplan on doing when the start to get huge and become agressive with eachother?

i know you will have a 500 gallon tank, but you have 6-7 of them right?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Hey what about a black tang? are they agressive? that would be a cool fish to add and they only get like 7-8 inches.

what do you think that would have a better chance at eating the grape caulpera than the hippo tang.

but are they agressive like the purple tang?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                          X