Whats your fish list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your fish list?

Hey guys my other thread got me thinking......

post your fish list and what size tank you have, it will be a good refrence for people.

so let the posting begin.

Nick
    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

I am game! (and so I fire away...)

75g.
    (1) Hippo tang
    (1) Purple tang
    (1)Pygme Golden Angel (The COOL ones!!!)
    (1) Clownfish
    (1) Blenny
    (1)Slippery **** Wrasse (yes thats its real name)

i just realized that I may have too many fish in the 75g??? hrmmm mabe i should take teh clown and blenny out and put them in my 55g when it is done. (replacing the leaky 40 gallon that is scratched like crazy)
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

400g
      (6) Purple Queen
      (8) Lyretail
      (3) Fathead
      (1) Lawnmower Blenny
      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

wow thats all the fish you have? do you plan on more?

thanks!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

You guys will love this. Granted I am NOT running sps right now.
          180g soon to be 240g holding tank and then my 500g or so nirvana:
          1 Vlamingi Tang
          3 Purple tangs (2 are really runts)
          7 or 8 micro sized yellow belly hippo tangs
          1 chevron tang
          1 goldflake angel
          1 regal angel
          1 juvi imperata
          1 juvi chrysurus
          1 sunburst anthias
          1 african leopard wrasse
          1 lawnmower blenny
          1 multicolor pygmy angel--not going to the new tank
          1 niger triger
          1 rainfordi gobi
          pair of bicinctus clowns--these will probably not make the transfer

What other fish am I looking to add:
          a juvi regal angel
          a conspic angel
          a dussumieri tang
          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
          BK400ext
          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
          MRC kalkmixer
          IKS

Comment

chuck, your new tanks gonna be AWESOME!

Comment

Originally posted by nbd13
              wow thats all the fish you have? do you plan on more?
              That's all the fish I have and all the fish I will ever have.
              400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Wow Chuck, that must be quite a spectacle at feeding time!!

Comment

All you gotta do is walk by the tank and then a herd 'o fish start following you around looking for food.
                  10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                  BK400ext
                  RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                  MRC kalkmixer
                  IKS

Comment

haha I can imagine, in my tank it's when I press the food timer button on the Tunze multicontroller that all the anthias come to the surface

Comment

160 G tank, SWFALR (sps with fish and live rock)

• 2 yellow tangs, Zebrasoma flavescens
                      • 1 Gem tang, Zebrasoma gemmatum
                      • 1 Regal Angel, Pygoplites diacanthus
                      • 2 Flame angels, Centropyge loriculafficeffice" /><O:p></O:p>
                      • 2 cherubs, Centropyge argi<O:p></O:p>
                      • 1 Lawnmower blenny, Salarias fasciatus<O:p></O:p>
                      • 2 yellow tail damsels, Chrysiptera parasema<O:p></O:p>
                      • 2 false percs Amphiprion ocellaris<O:p></O:p>
                      • 15 blue eye cardinalfish, Apogon leptacanthus<O:p></O:p>
                      • 2 Royal Grammas, Gramma loreto<O:p></O:p>
                      • 1 yellow coral goby, Gobiodon okinawae
                      • 1 sixline wrasse Pseudocheilinus hexataenia
                      • 2 blue mandarins, Synchiropus splendidus
                      • 1 Orange spot filefish, Oxymonacanthus longirostris
                      Some pics:

The Dutch forum
                      My tank

Comment

SWFALR lol

The blue and yellow fish in the second pic, I have always loved that one but doesn't it feed on acro polyps?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                          SWFALR lol

The blue and yellow fish in the second pic, I have always loved that one but doesn't it feed on acro polyps?
                          It loves Acro polyps indeed, you can see the look in his eyes on the picture, which species shall I eat now? But with some training it is possible to shift it's diet to a 50% prepared foods - 50% Acro polyps. Just as in nature, Acro polyps aren't extended in my tank during day time. At night, they are fully open.

This fish can only be kept if you accept not seeing Acro polyps. You also need a medium to large established sps tank full of Acro's. If you don't have enough sps corals, the fish will kill them.
                          The Dutch forum
                          My tank

Comment

Very interesting I wouldn't put an acro polyp eating fish in my own tank but I can see why you did it, it's one of the coolest fish I know

Of course fish predation on Acropora is very natural, I get some wild collected colonies sometimes and you can clearly see how fish have been picking at them, even altering their growth forms it seems.

Comment

wow great list there chuck!

i think they will love the upgrade to the big tank.

how small are those blue tangs? like an inch or less?

thanks!

Nick

Comment

Working...
                              X