Anyone using B-Ionic with zeovit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using B-Ionic with zeovit?

I currently have almost no coralline in my tank, and am now thinking I would like to have some.

From my previous experience, it seems that B-Ionic promotes coralline growth. I am thinking of dosing a small amount (maybe 10 ml of each part daily), and seeing what happens.

Does anyone have experience using B-Ionic with zeovit?

Tom
    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

I used a two part for months before I finally got my first ca reactor. Really no problems that I was aware of. Actually I like it better, but I guess it's because I know what a certain amount of each will do to the tank. The ca reactor for me is still hit and miss.

SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Hi Tom, been using it for the past 3wks. while moving my reef into a new home. I've had no problems but again I don't need alot with Oceanic, Bob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Tom, I have used B-ionic in the past with ZEOvit without problems. Keep in mind that the recommendation of not using it stems from the theory of creating an ionic imbalance in the long term.
        Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

I have used it with zeovit for the past since months since I started using zeovit. I use a dosing pump to dose my B-ionic and this keeps my levels stable. I have had no problems and everything looks great.
          You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Since I have a calcium reactor that is more than adequate for my tank, I am experimenting with small doses to stimulate coralline growth, rather than using it to maintain Ca and alk.

The list of trace elements it contains is interesting. From my past observation, I think it has some benefit as a supplement for sps, beyond providing Ca and alkalinity.

Tom
            Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

Hi Tom, as Gary mentioned, long term/&/or high dosages of BIBC will result in element excess, thus darkening of one's corals. I see no problem with low-dose dose supplemental use, allowing a Ca Rx to do the Ca/Mg/KH maintenance, but wouild not use this in combination with a "enriched" saltmix. IME, low nutrient, NSW levels of KH with high intensity MH's discorage coralline algae. Bob

Comment

I have coralline up the wazzu!
                You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Comment

Brad, I have plenty of coralline covering on all my LR. My reference was to the "old" days of running my reef with the KH>10 with coralline covering all the aquarium walls, pumps, etc. Sorry for not making that more clear.Bob

Comment

Working...
                  X