Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use zeovit for 9 weeks without changeout of zeolites

Hi all,

I had used zeovit for 9 weeks already. By right, i should do a change out after 6 weeks. My questions are:

1) if i change out the zeolites today, do i need to keep 20% of the old (seasoned) zeolites and add in new ones?

2) after zeolites changeout, do i need to follow the 1st 2 week, dosing of zeobak, food and start every other day?

3) Can i still dose AA, Iodine and iron during this period?

Btw, my tank is a 35G. Pls also help me by recommending the amount i need to dose. Thanks!

1) Yes, try to ensure that you have a good mix of the old zeoliths (different sizes)
    2) Yes, follow the every other day dosing for the first 2 weeks and then 2x weekly for bak/food. Start should be dosed daily instead of every other day or weekly.
    3) Yes, you can dose the rest of the supplements as per usual.

HTH, Farish
    Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Thanks. BTW, my SPS colors are light. Is there anyway to darken the colours abit??

Comment

You can try dosing more AA as this will help darken the colors. Becareful about overdosing which will lead to increase hazing of the glass and also brown algae on the rocks. if this happen, stop AA dosing completely for a few days until the brown algae dissapears and u can restart it at a lower dosage.

Careful about the amount so start/bac/food that you dose. How much zeoliths are you using now and what the flowrate thru the reactor?

Maybe you should fill up the basic questionaire with regards to your tank so that we will have more complete details about your tank.
        Farish

Setup: 250G System, ATI Powermodul 10x80w T5s, 4x6100 Tunze Streams & 7095 MultiController, Deltec PF1000 CR, Deltec AP902 Skimmer, IKS, Zeovit, Artica 1Hp Chiller

Comment

Originally posted by fkadir
          You can try dosing more AA as this will help darken the colors. Becareful about overdosing which will lead to increase hazing of the glass and also brown algae on the rocks. if this happen, stop AA dosing completely for a few days until the brown algae dissapears and u can restart it at a lower dosage.

Careful about the amount so start/bac/food that you dose. How much zeoliths are you using now and what the flowrate thru the reactor?

Maybe you should fill up the basic questionaire with regards to your tank so that we will have more complete details about your tank.

Hi, i am using 250ml zeolites and the flow thru my reactor is ~100l/h. I dose 1 drop AA every day. Iodine and iron at 1 drop 2 X weekly. For bak and food at 1 drop 2X weekly. For start1, 2 X weekly at 0.5ml.

Comment

Working...
          X