Who's NOT using start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's NOT using start?

Please post if you are currently using zeovit without start (1 or 2). Also, if you used start previously, why did you stop? What, if any, changes did you see after you stopped using it?

Tom
    Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Tom, I am using start2.. I was using 1.2ml in my net 200 gallon system.. Since using it week after week the corals seem to be getting a bit darker.. I started to use .6 a week or 2 ago and the colors are lightening up again.. I will continue to use it unless I hear some great results without it or see evidence that it is no longer needed for the system.. These are personal experiences and everyones will differ. All systems are so much different they all will react differently to start. Hope this info helps youout some..

Comment

Tom i stopped dosing after 6 months.. I was extremely happy with the rich colors. Every coral had a nice color to it. I stopped start for about a month because I felt that it wasnt do anything anymore and was only needed to lower nutrients in the beginning when introducing zeovit. anyhow.. after a month.. I started to notice that my water was looking "dirty" and colors didnt "pop". I started to dose start once again and we were back in action. its as if I had low nutrients for a wihle.. then they started to rise once again. I am back on start same as scheduled.

Comment

I was using Start1 in the beginning. I started losing corals to RTN. So stopped using start1 until start2 came out. I didn't lose anymore corals after I stopped the start1. Been using start2 for over 1 month. I have good colors with all my corals. Which I had that before using Zeo. I had hoped it would help with my algae issues. But so far no changes on that. The only thing I have noticed is my corals seem to have grown. But guess they should using 4 400 MH and 4 VHO actinics.

Comment

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...&pagenumber=10

Go to page 10 to see GregT quoting us from zeovit.com

Comment

I think somebody needs to ban himself

Tom
            Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

** would be a better place if he did thats for SURE...
              Last edited by GTR; 06-07-2005, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Getting back to the original point of this thread, I know there are some people getting good results with zeo who stopped using start, or never used it in the first place. These are the people I'm interested in hearing from.

Edward,

I assume you were using start1 when you stopped. When you started up again, was it with 1 or 2?

Tom
                Tom Berry
                Almost a ZEOhead
                Last edited by Tom Berry; 06-07-2005, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I stopped dosing start 1 after I noticed a couple of corals that were getting "thin skinned" or actually loosing their color. I have lost a couple of corals to this and would like to try the start 2 (as I have 2.5 bottles of the 250ml size). Maybe I will mix a little olive oil with it and add to my salad for dinner.

I have 170 gallons of tank water - dosing 6 drops of bac/food, 4 drops of AAHC and 6 drops of Potassium Iodide all twice a week. When I was dosing the start, I dosed 0.6ml everyday.

Gordon
                  North Bay 101
                  Zeo since July 29, 2004
                  Last edited by North Bay 101; 06-16-2005, 11:12 PM.
                  I am out there, and loving every minute of it!

Out of the closet, that is. The Zeo closet.

Comment

Working...
                  X