Reefermadness.us - anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reefermadness.us - anyone?

Has anyone ordered anything from reefermadness.us? What was your impression of the coral once you had it?

Keep it retain any of its color, especially in a ZEOvit system?

Just curious, their coral just seem so breathtaking.

Ive ordered corals from them in the past and have never been dissappointed. All that I had from them I lost in the Hurricanes though
    Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

I've gotten some very nice stuff from Chris. One A. samoensis arrived brown, but has since colored up to a very nice blue with Zeo. I'm still waiting on the A. austera I got from him which browned to see if it pulls through as well.

Dave

Comment

All 3 of the ones in my post on the trade forum came from them. The first 2, the first pic is theirs, and the second is in my tank.

They are top notch to deal with.

Tom
        Current Tank: 75g sps restarted with ZEOvit August 2004, Aqua Connect 14K 250W SE MH x 2, SLS HQI ballasts, 54W blueplus T5s x 2, H&S A150 external (recirculating) skimmer, Tunze Stream 6060, 6000 with single controller, Geo Ca reactor, in-sump ZEOvit reactor from Madison, Aquacontroller

Comment

i've never had any probs from RM... they tend to send you some freebie frags as well!
          Nam

Comment

Well, when I kept sps, I liked the RM stuff. Course I usually picked it up, so that eliminated shipping issues. They have some nice stuff.
            10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
            BK400ext
            RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
            MRC kalkmixer
            IKS

Comment

Cool thanks for all the input guys.

I've just heard alot of bad things about them and I always browse their site just to see what I can't have

Comment

i should be picking up a new AC coral from them this coming week, i'll post a pic of it once i do
                Nam

Comment

Welcome, Dave, to our new forum Chris/Kristine et al are absolutely solid as are their corals. It's been my experience that they back up their corals & with ZEOvit, my coral colors from them retain their original color. Bob
                  "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Bob,

I appreciate the feedback from such an outstanding member of the community. When I'm ready I won't hold back from ordering from them.

Comment

well sean, as promised here is a pic of one of the pieces i picked up from RM yesterday...

anyone know what this is?

side shot of the tank, damn macro algae really killed the picture

Nam

Comment

RM, has the pick of the litter so you should get nice quality frags. Only thing I hate is that no matter how many you buy the shipping is already figured in there, so it hurts if you buy a lot at one time.. Other then that they are very nice for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by s13silvia
                          well sean, as promised here is a pic of one of the pieces i picked up from RM yesterday...

side shot of the tank, damn macro algae really killed the picture

How long have you been on ZEO? All my algae in 2 weeks.. hmm.. Nice tank though

Comment

scott, i've been on zeo for about 2 months now. algae is receding slowly, but it is starting to go away.
                            Nam

Comment

how old is your tank?

thanks!

Nick
                              275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Working...
                              X