Double Dosing AA's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Dosing AA's

I've taken Marco Haaga's experience and put it into effect in my tank. I recently started to double dose AA's and I also took John B's experience and started to feed Cyclopleeze and have noticed a tremendous amount of growth on my corals. Every day I see new growth. Im not too sure if its both working together or if its just the AA's. Nothing else has changed in my system. The only downfall to this is that my corals are getting darker and the sand is more dirty with the windows needing cleaning more often from the haze it gets. Any of you double dosing on AA's?

edwards,
    becarfull with double dosing on aa"....u migh have some algae grow and some brown slim on the glass...

mike

Comment

Every tank system varies even those with the same vol.in their ability to use AA's. Alexander has a zeo-user who doses 25 drops of AAHC daily in his 200g w/o excess occurring, while the next 200g tank maybe only be able to take 5 drops w/o excess. At some point, one reachs the crossroads of color vs. growth. Edward, if the darker coloration is not troublesome, then higher dosing does result in greater growthBob
      "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I will definitely play around with the dosing..

Mike, I did notice that too. Im going to see how much growth I can get out withing 2 months
        Last edited by invincible569; 06-05-2005, 08:50 AM.

Comment

Edward, are you doubleling the dosage like say I dose 2 drops once a week. then take it to 4 drops once a week? Im interested in playing with this also
          Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

i am doin that almost i do 3 drops 2x a week where now im doin 3 drops sunday and 6 on thursday
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel3443
              Edward, are you doubleling the dosage like say I dose 2 drops once a week. then take it to 4 drops once a week? Im interested in playing with this also
              Im dosing 7-8 drops daily on my 140g total wv. I was doing only 4 daily.

I've also noticed polyp extension like crazy now. Looks like marco was right.

Comment

so you guys are dosin AA everyday ? i have been doin 2x a week
                Nick
                Nick
                180G SPS Mainly
                10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                Calcium Reactor
                3 Tunze 6105's
                Profilux Controller
                ATB Return w/ wavysea
                ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

I used it daily for awhile and noticed some great results.. I cut back to 2x weekly but I think I might start doing it daily again myself.. Will keep you posted also..

Comment

I used to also but thought oi read somewhere not to so i stoped im goin back to it tomorrow after i change out my media
                    Nick
                    Nick
                    180G SPS Mainly
                    10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                    Calcium Reactor
                    3 Tunze 6105's
                    Profilux Controller
                    ATB Return w/ wavysea
                    ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
                    X