Should I increase my start dosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I increase my start dosing

I have a 40 gallon (gross volume) tank and have been dosing .40ml for the first two weeks everyday followed by .20ml everyday for the next 4 weeks. I noticed today some of my green hair algae is starting to rebound a bit.
    Should I increse my start doses? Or are my start doses about where they should be?
    You're Norma Desmond you used to be big.

I am big it's the pictures that got small.

From the classic movie "Sunset Boulevard"

Brad,
    I looked for a thread with more information on your system and couldn't find one.
    How do your corals look at this point?
    Are PO4's measurable?
    Amount of ZEOlit, how long in use and flow through the reactor GPH?

Without this info I'd say maybe split the difference and then split that into two doses instead of one. So 0.15ml 2x's day.
    SteveU
    “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
    ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Corals look good no tissue lose ever. Po4's are anywhere don't really appear to be measurable (I have to get a Saliferts test for this, the current test I have is hard to tell whether or not my phosaphates are at 0 or .25 because the colors I have to match the liquid to are so very close in color). I use 1/3 liter of zeolit. Flow through the reactor is around 50gph and I am currently on week 7 of the zeovit system.

Comment

I would follow Steve's advice. Just out of curiosity, do you have a sand bed? How old is the live rock?

Comment

Yes, I do have a sandbed that I just can't part with (I just like the look). My live rock is about 5 years old. I know because of these factors it is going to take a bit longer to reduce my Po4's.

Comment

Brad,
            When my display tank failed (leak) before starting ZEO I had a DSB and do like what it adds to the tank as far as looks and maybe added life. I would not have torn the tank down to remove it and ZEO in time will deplete those nutrients.
            SteveU
            “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
            ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Working...
            X