4 weeks just changed zeolith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 weeks just changed zeolith

Hit the 4 week marker yesterday!!! I have seen some great improvements in the overall appearane of my tank. Algea is slowly fading, but as I understand, it will take 3-4 months total for it to be completely gone (6 for me I have a ton). Colors are really starting to show, growth is more than I have seen in 6 months.

So last night I swapped out my zeolith - went from 1/3 cup to 1/2 and kept several of the original stone for seeding. Currently, I do 1 drop bak, one drop food 2x weekly and 1.5ml of start per day. Should I continue with this schedule or adjust?

Thanks

Matt
    --Matt

Matt, remember with the new stones, we need to seed & feed with the zeo's again. With the 1st exchange, now for the 1st 2wks. dose bak/food7 every other day, then go to the 2x's/wk schedule. Also you can extend the zeolites to 6wks, probably from now on. ZeoStart is still dosed daily, in split quantities. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Good point Bob - thanks! Do I need to plan on doing this each time I switch?

A couple of observations:

Before I switched the rocks out, I was beginning to notice not as much mulm was coming off of them when I shook them. Is this a good indication of when to switch them, or should I just watch my calendar?

I also notice that the new growth areas on my corals have incredible color, while the original frag still seems dull and/or brownish. Is this because my tank is moving towards becoming a nutrient poor system and the new growth hasn't built up zooxanthelle. If this is the case, is it safe to assume that the further along I get, I can expect the frag to color up as well?
      --Matt

Comment

Hi Matt, yes, with each new zeolites exchange, more frequent zeo-dosing is a necessity to seed & feed, ie. every other day x's 2wks, then 2x's/wk. However, with each new zeolite change, the zeo-quantities should be less until phase 3 is reached, whereby, they should remain stable Matt, one does notice more mulm released towards the end-life of the zeolites, along with some stagnation in coral color advances, until the new zeolites become functional[~2-3 days] then coloration enhancement begins again Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

great information Bob
          anacroporamademepoora

Comment

Working...
          X