Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doseing bak & food into feed pump

Hi everyone,
    The feed pump to my reactor is to deep for me to dose bak & food into, so I've rigged an L shaped tube onto the intake of my maxi-jet which protudes out of the water. This has a large hole cut in it about three inches below the water line to let the water in. I put my drops in the tube sticking out of the water when I dose so the bak & food get drawn into the pump.
    Am I being too fussy?
    all the best
    John

LOL, yes, John, you're a bit extreme there. The zeo's will feed the bacteria throughout the system, so target seed & feed, while fine, is not necessary. Better to turn off your skimmer for 60min than worrying about bak/food7 not getting into the zeo-filter--it does. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

Thanks Bob,
      I am turning off the skimmmer for at least one hour as you advised when giving me my dosing info, thanks for that.
      So far everything is looking fine, no probs, clearer water, even my wife noticed and all my parameters remain the same. I'll be asking for some more help when i'ts time to change the stones if thats OK.
      all the best
      John

Comment

hey i have a direct line goin from my overflow to my skimmer does it matter if i have my skimmer off when i dose ?
        Nick
        Nick
        180G SPS Mainly
        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
        Calcium Reactor
        3 Tunze 6105's
        Profilux Controller
        ATB Return w/ wavysea
        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Hi Nick, in your case, I would not turn off your main return pump. Contnue as you are Bob
          "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

i have dual overflows one goes to the skimmer and the other is to the sump
            Nick
            Nick
            180G SPS Mainly
            10 Bulb T5 Starfire
            Calcium Reactor
            3 Tunze 6105's
            Profilux Controller
            ATB Return w/ wavysea
            ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
            X