Is this fish common?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this fish common?

I really like the color of this fish.. are they common? If they are, maybe I must of missed them.

extremely common..in the Caribbean. Rock Beauty Angelfish...cheap too. Very difficult to keep,.
    Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Edward, looks like an clarion angel (holacanthus clarionensis) in the stage from juvenile to an adult to me.
      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

i agree its a clarion angel. They are not too common because they are alot of $$$$ more so than a conspic i think.

very cool fish though!

Nick
        275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

Thanks guys.. I have never seen one. Beautiful colors.

Comment

i have to disagree with the clarion and agree with the rockbeauty.
            [IMG][/IMG]
            [IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Rock Beauty Indeed! :-)
              Proud owner of an Elegance Coral "that lived". (It is thriving whith long tentacle tips...purchased in January 2005.) It has white tentacle tips, I beleive this has something to do with ones that will typically live due to the collection site.

Comment

Yep~ Rock Beauty angel~

www.spsholic.com

Comment

Rock beauty for sure, and generally speaking they are absofrigginlutely doomed in a tank. I've yet to hear of one that adapted. Much worse track record than say even a regal.
                  moonpod
                  ZEOhead
                  Last edited by moonpod; 05-23-2005, 07:37 PM.
                  10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                  BK400ext
                  RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                  MRC kalkmixer
                  IKS

Comment

i guess i was wrong, its a rock beauty, if so i agree with moonpod they have a bad track record.

Nick
                    275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

I stand corrected. Great research, guys. :yesway:
                      Fish eat poop....tastes just like chicken.

Comment

beautiful fish either way
                        Nick
                        Nick
                        180G SPS Mainly
                        10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                        Calcium Reactor
                        3 Tunze 6105's
                        Profilux Controller
                        ATB Return w/ wavysea
                        ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

FWIW

I tried a Clarion in my tank last year............ absolutely gorgeous little juvenile.

Within a day of his arrival he turned into a :
                          with every acro in my tank.

I was NOT happy!
                          Holcanthus angels are a big NO NO with coral.
                          I also agree that rock beautys are gorgeous , but simply do not last in captivity.
                          -greg-
                          Zeovit, Bubbleking, and grotech dealer.
                          Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

Greg,

First the Conspic, and then a Clarion? What other large Angels do you have in there?

I have a Conspic, Imperator and Blueface in my main tank. I also have a Chysurus in my refugium that I have not mustered the courage up yet to transfer over to the main tank.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

No question we share a passion for the angels!

Along with the conspict, i had a mated pair of watanabeis. The male died about a year ago to some weird tumor growth on his back. I JUST found a great looking male, so Ill be adding him soon.

I took a big risk with the clarion that didnt pay off. He was the worlds most expensive sump fish for many months trying to find a buyer for him.........hes now happy and healthy in a friends F/O system.

Id love to get a couple other large angels but my current system just isnt large enough. Im seriously considering a captive bred pair of Interuptus pygmy's though.

Curious how the blueface and conspict get long ??
                              -greg-
                              Zeovit, Bubbleking, and grotech dealer.
                              Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

Working...
                              X