Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some custom work

Hi all,

I wanted to share a bit of some custom work ive been doing for a few clients.

The first is a stand for a fellow zeo user and buddy.
    375 gallon steel stand (will have cabinetry around it)

You can see his thread on the "other board" under large reef tanks ...screen name "Reefboy1"

The next is a custom stand , tank , and sump for our importer -Captive Oceans, and the upcoming Chicago show.
    Stand front :

Stand back :

Tank being built - 36X36X20" acrylic

Tank ready for final polish:

Sump work being done by one of my workers:

And last............
    "Big Red"
    Steel stand for custom 600 gallon!

-Greg-
    Zeovit, Bubbleking, and grotech dealer.
    Avid SPS hobbyist

Greg, what a coincendence! I am in search for a local welder to create my new stand for me. I will also design out a stand with a viewable underside to it (no equipment). Except the steel will be hidden. Heck who knows.. maybe it would look cool with a nice setup underneath and a enclosed glass cover.

Comment

Just curious... whats the going rate for that first stand? The only other concern I would have is getting that big stand in through the front door!

Comment

That stand is screaming to have a Bubble King under it.

SteveU
        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Steve,

What a co-inky dink its brite friggin fire engine red!!
          (BTW.........its a perfect color match)

Edward,
          I dont discuss priceing on an open forum but, let me assure you...........steel price has gone up dramatically! (so has acrylic BTW)
          I know a guy here locally that did his homework and found a bunch of salvaged steel, and had a guy weld it up for him at a FRACTION of the cost of a new stand. It took him some time but he saved BIG.

-greg-
          Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

Greg, thanks for the tip! I didnt realize steel went up too! Are we running out of elements in this world or are people just getting greedy?

Comment

That first stand pictured is sitting in my family room waiting for the tank. It is really an awesome job and it'll be ashame to cover it up with cabinetry (and my wife will miss using it to fold laundry).

Greg does excellent work.

Art

Comment

Hey greg i PM'd you and emailed you about a frag tank, let me know what you think.

very nice work!

thanks again!

Nick
                275 Gallon Envision Acrylics Tank, 70 gallon sump, BK 300 internal, Zeovit, 5 sequence darts (1 on a oceansmotions 4-way), medusa dual controller, 2 ebo jaer 250w heaters, 1/2 hp JBJ comercial chiller, 4 RO IIIs w/14k hamilitons, 4 VHOs super actinic, deltec pf500 Ca Rx, 3 reef ceramic pillar, and 1 reef ceramic mini-reef, 5 ceramic closed loop intake screen covers, with 50ish pounds of LR

Comment

edward, steel price increase = china

Art, tell Miss Beth i can custom make her a special steel laundry table in bubbleking red!!
                  -greg-
                  Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

greg, i guess I better start building soon! Just did some research and you're right on target. Steel rose 20% from the end of last yr already and its continuing to rise. They state the supply & demand is out of balance is affecting this crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by greg65
                      edward, steel price increase = china

-greg-
                      Acrylic price increase = India

And the price of oil doesn't help much either.

Comment

Let us present to you....

The one and only BKRS.

The Bubble King road show.

SteveU
                        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Madison, you're right, that's good looking work. Hopefully my upcoming tank will be built to standards like that.
                          10x3x2 FOWLR (for now)
                          BK400ext
                          RD12 return, 2 RD12 closed loop, wavebox with extension
                          MRC kalkmixer
                          IKS

Comment

Chuck, i'm sure it will. Con is very talented as well.

Greg, I would love to see a top down shot of that sump. It looks like you did some neat designs with the baffles and different compartments.

Comment

Very nice work Greg. What type of top will go on the Big Red Stand. Also what are the dim. on the tubing (wall thickness)?
                              Take Care,
                              Chad

Comment

Working...
                              X