Korallenzucht Reefer's Salt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Korallenzucht Reefer's Salt

Hey guys... looks like one of our sponsors is now carrying KorallenZuchts new salt, Home Aquaria! I cant wait to see the CA/Mg/Alk levels on this. We've been waiting for this! Thanks Sysko for posting.

More info here: http://www.homeaquaria.com/public/ca...roducts_id=613

Can someone translate to English?

Cool! exactly what I've been waiting for

Here's a machine translated version:

http://translate.google.com/translat...language_tools
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

So it comes with separate magnesium and calcium...
      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

Thats what it sounds like. Im sure Alexander will chime in shortly and give us all the details. He's always the first to try T Pohl's new products. If things are as good as it sounds, I wonder when we can expect delivery to the states?

Comment

The German version states the following:

Enclosed you find still 2 bags. , also Aquarianer which osmose water will thus use one with magnesiumsalz and second with Calziumsalz on the necessary Calzium and will come magnesium values

http://www.korallen-zucht.de/index.p...t_products=336

Comment

Alexander said a few days ago in another thread he was testing some new secret salt, now we know what it is

Alexander what are your impressions?

Comment

the german text says, thats this salt is made for tape water user, and if you use RO/DI you have to add MG and CA, to get to your parameters,

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
                the german text says, thats this salt is made for tape water user, and if you use RO/DI you have to add MG and CA, to get to your parameters,

hmmmmmm... that doesnt sound right. I dont want to add tap water to my tank. hmmmmm

Comment

Edward, I think it means it has low Ca and MG so people with tap water can use it without their parameters going too high. RODI-ers can add more Ca and MG as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by invincible569
                    hmmmmmm... that doesnt sound right. I dont want to add tap water to my tank. hmmmmm
                    thats why you add 10 gramm CA and 15 gramm MG/KG Salt, when using RO/DI water salt comes with to bags of MG/CA,
                    i guess Thomas is trying to offer a salt for both tap water user and RO/DI user,

Comment

Absolute correct Heinz, the salt comes with two extra bags of Ca and Mg which gives the possibility to adjust the desired levels in those parameters. While tap water contains Mg and Ca, it is not necessary to add the extra supplemental. If one users RO water he has to use them to optimize these levels as desired.

I did my third water change with this salt now and guys until now it looks good

G.Alexander

Comment

Since it's made for tap water... does it have a dechlorinator in it?

SteveU
                        “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
                        ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Sorry Steve, I do not know what a dechlorinator is. The salt is not done for tap water, only the base mixture and the Ca and Mg concentrations can be adjusted as needed. I can tell, the comparison of the salt is very similar to NSW and it contains nothing which our animals do not like

G.Alexander

Comment

Alexander,

do you happen to know what the american sizes will be and the prices? For example.. is it a 200g mix for $40?

Comment

Sorry Edward, I have no plan. I am sure Gary will post these information after his return.

G.Alexander

Comment

Working...
                              X