Cryptic Refuguims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cryptic Refuguims

Hi I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with cryptic or dark refuguims? Gary any chance you have done experiments with this? And if so did you manage any reproduction of squirt, tunicates and growth of sponges etc?
    Have you or would you see any benefit to adding this on to a system, and do you think it would make any difference in a ZEOvit system or for that matter any system and would it even work?

Thanks

Christiaan

Steve Tyree made a video presentation about cryptic refugiums, it's quite interesting. I can find a link for you if you don't have it yet.
    400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

here it is:

http://www.dynamicecomorphology.com/...lideseries.htm
      400 gallon reef, Bubble King 300, I~Spin, 2 x 10,000K BLV 400W, 2 x 20,000K Radium 400W, 2 x 6,400K Osram 400W, Schuran Jetstream 1, AquaController Pro

Comment

:smoker: Thanks !!
        Last edited by Funkyskunk; 05-19-2005, 10:12 AM.

Comment

zie boven, ik heb het al gepost

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
            zie boven, ik heb het al gepost
            umm eh, yea exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Heinz
              umm eh, yea exactly
              verstehen Sie Niederländisch?

Comment

Originally posted by Orion76
                verstehen Sie Niederländisch?
                nein ich verstehe kein niederlaendisch, ich wundere mich sowieso schon we es dazu kommt das du soviele sprachen kannst,

Comment

ich habe ein grosses Gehirn

Comment

This IS the english forum isnt it?

I have a small cryptic zonal part of my sump that has been setup on this tank since pre-Zeo.
                    Its thriving with all kinds of sponge growth.
                    Tyree himself dropped by some months back and was pretty impressed.

Basically, i have a small portion of my tank drain into a small vessel made from black acrylic. It also has a removeable black lid. The water flow is pretty darn slow, and it has a little overflow that simply drains back into the sump. I seeded this with one of their "starter packs" and then did absolutely nothing to it. Every so often i open it up to see what kinds of goodies are in there. Some pretty interesting looking stuff.

I have no idea on If/how much , this is helping my system-----cant be hurting it, thats for sure.
                    -greg-
                    Zeovit, Bubbleking, and grotech dealer.
                    Avid SPS hobbyist

Comment

lmao i was thinkin the same thing thought maybe i transfered over to a diffrent section there for a minute lol
                      Nick
                      Nick
                      180G SPS Mainly
                      10 Bulb T5 Starfire
                      Calcium Reactor
                      3 Tunze 6105's
                      Profilux Controller
                      ATB Return w/ wavysea
                      ATB M External Skimmer

Comment

Working...
                      X