Is Kalkwasser my problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Kalkwasser my problem?

So as some of you know right now I'm not on ZEO but I plan to order it in a week or so, however I'm trying to figure out what I'm not getting the color I want right now. Is my Kalkwasser drip a possiable reason? I'm getting good growth out of everything however the colors seem to be fadeing....not bad but not intense color like I've seen from alot of tanks. Thanks
    -Nathan
    65 SPS
    692Watts
    2085gph Max Flow
    Current Pride and Joy-Red Sea Regal Angelfish

ZEO - Phase 2

Zeohead in training! Hadn't noticed that before. Very Funny :p

The Kalkawasser is unlikely to be the problem.
    I don't know how old your tank is or how long you've had the corals. Also, when you say fading, you mean getting lighter as in bleaching, or you mean going to brown?
    Getting lighter as in bleaching may be insufficient nutrients, and going to brown may be too much nutrients.
    However when you start zeovit, kalkawasser is not recomended, best to use a calcium reactor.

Comment

Not not bleaching, some of my corals like my Tricolor are brown, along with a chips. The corals that do have color are healthy and growing but I'm not getting intense color like I've seen from alot of people. The tank is 4 mo old and the majority of tissue on my corals is light.
      65 SPS
      692Watts
      2085gph Max Flow

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

Nathan, that's what ZEOvit is all about--color & acclerated growth. Step up to the plate & swing away Bob
        "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

I'm working on it....Monday is the magic payday, I'm hopeing to get an appointment with stevew next weekend to go pick up my supplies. Ordering extra test kits and 1 Gallon jugs of B-Ionic from PA this week also. Hopefully Sunday will be the magic day if I can get the plumbing done and dry by then. where should I have the reactor pull from in my fuge, we have 3 options. the chamber w/ the skimmer and all my probes, the fuge itself, or where the return pump is to the tank...water is pretty dead here so it would be nice to get it in thier. Also will my Reactor come w/ a pump? Should I just do a ballvalve deal to slow the flow down in my reactor? How much flow do I want, its a 75G Net water system.
          65 SPS
          692Watts
          2085gph Max Flow

ZEO - Phase 2

Comment

Working...
          X