Clear All

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    awesome let us know how everything goes in a few days
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    Ok second part of the test is complete and worked. The air inside my house was able to be brought up to the proper ph. So now I am running the airstone in my tank.

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    Ok I went and bought an air pump and stone today. I tested airating the water outside and it raised the ph. So I know my test kit is working. Now I am going to do the inside test to see if I can use the air inside or if I need to run tubing outside to airate the tank with.

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• adobo
    replied
    Tim,

If you are getting consistent readings at 7.8, I would be suspicious of the test kit. I have never had a tank that wasn't volatile pH wise. Normally, pH rises during the hours when lights are on and peaks right at the time the lights go off. pH bottoms out right before the lights come on. If you check the values at these two times and are still reading 7.8, well...

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    thank you that is good to know. On an up note, I think I am starting to see some good effects from the ph going up.

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    i have had a ton of problems with both there monitors and there controllers probes are junk
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    I don't have a sump

Also is a milwaukee ph monitor a good one to get? Has anyone ever had any problems with these?

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    try it in your sump away from the return pump
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    no there is no air intake on the skimmer. I was thinking of getting an air pump and an air ston to put into the tank though, and run it for a few hours a day. Any thoughts on this?

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    do u have a air intake on your skimmer ?
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    test kit. I still have not bought a ph meter. I know I need to order one, but I have not had a problem with my test kit in the past. I have been checking my ph 3 times a day now, and it has been staying at 7.8.

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• nyfireman3097
    replied
    what are you using to check you PH ?
    Nick

Leave a comment:

• timsVw
    replied
    My tank is a 30 gal cube, and the light is 10 in, above. I have had no additional problems since switching back to the 10k. It has just been issues that have started in the past 6 weeks to 2 mo.

-Tim

Leave a comment:

• Brad Villeggiante
    replied
    How big is your tank? How high is the light above your tank?

I don't think you p.h. is low enough to do any harm. It is in acceptable range.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel3443
    replied
    Did you acclamate to the lighting? Also it could be photo burn. The ph thing though is due to accumulated Co2 in you house

Leave a comment:

Working...
X