Zeo & Jaubert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zeo & Jaubert

Has anyone tried zeo together with Jaubert plenum filtration system?

Regards, Aleksander

Hi Alexsander, I ran a plenum-Jauber method for over 10yrs. but could never reduce nutrients as efficiently as with the ZEOvit method. While I was able to keep SPS, their colors were drab in comparison. I'm currently using a bb tank.
    To answer your question, I do not see why one could not use a DSB or Plenum-Jaubert dsb set-up, or for that matter, any method, with the exception of using 03 or UV filtration. Bob
    "There might be something to this ZEOvit"

Comment

TNX, Aged. My friend and I may take second chance. We have some concerns. Beside questions who I already wrote about is question how long is LFS keeping zeobak and how vital are bacteria.

Comment

Aleksander, when you give it a second try, please post your tank info "tell us about your tank" so Bob can give you your dosing, also after you start keep posting exactly how your tank is reacting, there is no reason zeo wouldnt work for you too,

Comment

TNX, Heinz, I will. At this point I'm still observing results of phosphate remover. I had low phosphates earlier too, but now I'm expecting really low phosphates before new zeo try. I will take also photos of all corals, as well.

Comment

Aleksander, when and if you start, when you open the bottle of bac make sure it does not smell like rottem eggs if it does then its bad, if not throw that bad boy in the fridge for safe keeping

It would be a really important observation to see if after you have limited nutrients down as far as possible with the remover to see how much more Zeo is effective. Be sure to keep us updated
            Sean

Tank Specs:60g Cube SPS/Clam tank, ASM G1x Skimmer, DIY ZEOvit Reactor, 1x400w EVC 14k, Marine Life Aquatics CR-250 CaRx (RIP)

Not sure yet.....Build Thread to come!

Comment

Aleksander, how long has the plenum been in place?

I also used the method in two tank using the same sump. After 2 years one sandbed was as solid as live rock and the other was still loose but very dirty even under the plenum.

SteveU
              “People are very open-minded about new things - as long as they're exactly like the old ones.”
              ...Charles F. Kettering

Comment

Originally posted by GTR
                Aleksander, how long has the plenum been in place?
                SteveU
                From dec. 2003, with no problems or clumping.

Regards, Aleksander

Comment

Working...
                X